Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 03 rc51 w/ 2900 miles on it. I'm going to sell it in the spring. It was dumped when I bought it and is missing the instrument cluster. The title is clear, not salvaged with the mileage on the actual title. I've got everything back to spec and am currently painting it with custom colors. My question is should I pay the $300-$400 for the instrument cluster or just tell the buyer that they can buy one if they want one.....? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!
-Todd

by the way you guys will probably see it posted here in the Spring.:D

·
Captain Obvious
738 Posts
Just my :twocents ....

You'll fetch a better price for her if she's fully functional at the time of sale. Keep an eye on ebay... bet you'll pick up an instrument cluster cheaper than you think.

Otherwise, part her out. You'll get more money for the parts separately, than you will for the bike complete.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm all about full disclosure. I'd tell the perspective buyer that it had been laid down whether it looked like it or not. Everything is straight and true, so there's nothing to hide. I know that I'd appreciate it if/when I buy a used bike to get the whole truth about it. So yeah, I'll probably pick one up on ebay. Thanks for everyone's input! By the way an interesting note. The serial number ends in 0003. So I assume that it was the third bike out of the factory for 2003. Kinda cool.
Great website.
-Todd

·
Registered
148 Posts
rdman19702002 said:
By the way an interesting note. The serial number ends in 0003. So I assume that it was the third bike out of the factory for 2003. Kinda cool.
Great website.
-Todd
My kawi 6RR is 000666 (with the obligatory Devil exhaust... Diablo's coming in spring) :rockon :rockon :rockon

and I would pick up an instrument cluster for the RC before selling

·
Silver and Black Attack!
540 Posts
I thought I saw one in our classifieds recently for like $150?

·
Registered
67 Posts
let your conscience be your guide

Definately fix the bike, just inform the NEW buyer the circumstances, i know if it was me i would appreciate it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts