Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Easily Illusioned
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
McChrystal made some comments about the administration that infuriated Obama. What tickles me is didn't it take months before President Obama would meet with McChrystal to discuss Afghanistan strategy.

It took less than 24 hours before he was summoned back to the White House after his comments to a reporter from Rolling Stones Mag. :eek: President O is pissed.
Personally I think McChrystal should have kept his comments to himself (being active military), but you gotta luv the slip up, he called it as he see's it.

Gen. Stanley McChrystal coming to Washington to explain anti-administration comments

·
Easily Illusioned
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another theory is the General pulled the pin and self destructed. He so fed up with O this is his way out.:twocents

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
I think he should be fired if the remarks he made prove to be false.......if not, oh well, suck it up.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Barry ignored him for MONTHS after taking ofice, then he give him a 15 minute photo opp. The General says he needs X ammount of boots on the ground to accomplish the objective, and Barry's second guessing him (we know what a brilliant military mind Barry possesses......)The General is letting the world know that politicians not stetegists are directing the war. I think the good General deserves a Nobel prize more than berry.......:banghead

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
As usual, the White House is putting their spin on it, but it looks like the General told barry where he could put his job.........:woot:

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
...clink...!
1,725 Posts
McChrystal going off the rails is a sign of a much deeper prob for Prez Hussein.
It publicly displays the military's dislike of the Libs running wars w/ ROE's that get people killed in the interest of Political correctness. Wars are messy business and the Libs don't have the stomach for them.

McChrystal resigns, and public resentment of Hussein grows as things get worse. He's now guaranteed to be a one-termer. I didnt think I'd live long enough to see another Jimmy Carter type prez in my life. Hussein is even "worser" that Peanutz....

That's an accomplishment, of a sort.:wtf

·
Easily Illusioned
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In honor of General McChrystal I'm including some quotes from another General:

“Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.”

“Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.”

“If you tell people where to go, but not how to get there, you'll be amazed at the results.”

“Be willing to make decisions. That's the most important quality in a good leader.”

“It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing.”

General George Patton

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Ooh, look at all the jar heads in their little circle jerk. I thought all that oil scared you fellas away.

·
Easily Illusioned
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ooh, look at all the jar heads in their little circle jerk. I thought all that oil scared you fellas away.
Actually I was Air Force, my son was, is a marine.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I've read the Rolling Stone article, and nothing General McChrystal says was "shocking" or could be interpreted as dissing the POTUS.
Very odd.

I think he was a good guy who saw clearly what an awesome fubar mess the necons had embedded America into, then slunk off back into their Think tanks.

I'm pretty disappointed that Barry is turning out to be only a hundred times better than Bush.:p

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
^
Good post, Piwi:D .
I'm crying all the way to the bank with Obama.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts