Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO i got these nice new Skarkskins all painted up and installed, they look great but they seem to be a bit "sloppy" or just seem to move around a bit too much, not nearly as attached as the factory stuff.

The area that concerns me the most is the area near the kickstand that just seems to be flapping in the breese. I removed the factory fairing mount that came off the lower left side, as no holes existed in the sharkskins for this mount.

I have sato framesliders cut and mounted and have some thick highdensity foam that is in some other choice locations. seemed to tighten it up a bit, but still a bit too sloppy for my liking.. any suggestions? should i drill the fairings for the lower mount?

Also these damm Dzus fasteners are flapping in the breese as well, thought these should fit snugly against the bodywork?

·
Official Player Hater
2,299 Posts
Dzus fasteners will sometimes require small plastic spacers to fit correctly if the proper size Dzus wasn't received/ordered. They usually come with them. As far as the lower part of the fairing, I would drill it to fit in the stock location. :twocents

·
Registered
359 Posts
Post pics!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I asked the exact question about the fairing where the kickstand was and I ended up making a bracket from a couple inch long piece of aluminum stock and a couple screws. works good and i dont take the piece off the fairing so i dont risk scratching the paint when taking it off for maint...

Ben

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jesus Greyhound you dont half-ass a single thing...got to tip my hat...

Now can i get some of those for mine??:notworthy:notworthy

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
kdogg said:
Jesus Greyhound you dont half-ass a single thing...got to tip my hat...

Now can i get some of those for mine??:notworthy:notworthy
+1. I made brackets like those, but damn they didn't come out that nice. :clapper

1 - 9 of 9 Posts