Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Iam wanting to purchase a new helmet and was woundering if anyone has used the shark helmet and wanted to know about the quialty of the unit ? :confused: Iam looking at the RSI Model ! thanks in advance :rockonDo they run true to SIZE ?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have one. Overall its nice, but find it incredibly loud! so loud that I had never needed ear plugs before on any helmet but need them on this one else I suffer from major fatigue.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Like DynaMight said,it's a very nice helmet but super loud! Ear plugs a must. Mine has become louder over time. Shield is very easy to change & medium seems just alittle larger than a medium Shoei. It's also lightweight but doesn't flow much air.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
They are light, safe, and do run about 1/3~1/2 size big. You almost have to try it on to see if that works for you. But they have good shields, are light, and safe. Pretty good value if it works for your head. I wear ear plugs over 55, so I can't comment on noise.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Im runnin one now and I only have one complaint. If im on the freeway and need to turn my head more than 90 degrees, my shield sometimes opens. Do any of you other guys have this problem? Otherwise the helmet is an all around good quality helmet!

·
Banned
472 Posts
I use a 1st ed. Shark RSR. Sharks move a lot of air. Good for keeping your head cool, horrible for noise attenuation. Earplugs are a must for anything above riding at 40mph. Size wise, the head shell is a bit larger than say Arai or Shoei. Maybe about 1/3 larger.

·
Behind In His Steering...
437 Posts
All this doesn't sound like a ringing (ear ringing?) endorsement of the Shark, does it? Frankly, I'm not much for "off" brands of helmets, and I'm a big Shoei X-11 fan after years of happy RF-1000 use. Just sayin'.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts