Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this looks great!
but they are expensive here,from at least 7000us to up to 12000us for second hand SP-2's

I remember in 2000 when I first saw the SP-1 in the flesh it was the most amazing looking bike I had ever seen

still looks like that
That's Honda's skill.most their bikes are design classics(compare them to the K3 GSXR1000.2006 ZX-10R to name just a few flops)

and this SP-1 has only done 3000km

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I agree that the styling is classic even though many people on this site seem to think it looks "dated" and "boring" . Its purposeful and uncompromising lines will stand the test of time , IMO , and I guess that centre intake was a silly idea that never caught on;) !

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
A dealer WAY down South has zero miles bike (2004-2005 Euro paint scheme): they want 11500€ for it.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
^ So approximately $15,150 . That's surprising b/c after all the RC51 is a mass produced POS that isn't a real homo special .

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
^ So approximately $15,150 . That's surprising b/c after all the RC51 is a mass produced POS that isn't a real homo special .
Good point. Everyone knows the last *ahem* great homo special was the RC45....:p Oh wait, it was a homo special but the only thing great about it was the monumental amounts of money needed to get it anywhere near a podium..... yes, a great deal of money!

As for the 51, a timelessly classic look!

·
Registered
204 Posts
That's the color of my old 2001 F4i. Same color code, too...
For the color question...are we sure it's the same paint? riversbikes repainted his to supposedly the same red color based on this paint job and looking at his pictures his paint looks different. I was previously under the impression the reds were two different colors between the European schemes and the US ones, but I guess I have nothing to prove or disprove it.

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
For the color question...are we sure it's the same paint? riversbikes repainted his to supposedly the same red color based on this paint job and looking at his pictures his paint looks different. I was previously under the impression the reds were two different colors between the European schemes and the US ones, but I guess I have nothing to prove or disprove it.
my thoughts exactly, none of the north american bikes red colors ever look like the colors from our euro friends.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Riverbikes' SP looks very much like Italian Red (R157). Here's the 2006 CBR600F for comparison:

This is the Euro Winning Red (R258):

·
Registered
460 Posts
That colour are for Asia region...mine used to be same as in the picture...

·
Registered
232 Posts
When I wanted my SP1 resprayed, the sprayer looked into it and found the R258 paint was very expensive because it needed a pearlescent base coat, which gave it its glow. He did manage to find a Yahama paint code which was very close and much much cheaper, he did a good job too. I cant remember the paint code he used, it was a YZF one, not sure if it was an old YZF750 or newer R1.

Side fairings, nose cone and mudguard have been resprayed. Tank and rear cowl is original.

I bought the decals from Our motorcycle graphics service - good OE replicas.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hmm, well, according to ColorRite the R258 also belongs to the US paint on the US bikes, so I guess it is the same color. To me, I think the Euro red looks darker than the red on the US bikes (more of a brighter red), but I suppose none of the pictures I've seen puts both bikes in the exact same lighting conditions to show it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts