Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
If it’s true, and I think it is, then will he be kissing his championship hopes goodbye……….Not that anyone can win while Rossi is about anyway, so he might as well go for the big bucks.

·
I'll fix it.
2,249 Posts
Soup said:
Also, comments made by Gibernau at Brno, following his retirement on the last lap after running out of fuel (allegedly), didn't sit well with HRC officials. If reports are correct, there was an exchange of words, some furrowed Japanese brows and a disgruntled Spanish rider
from http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2005/Sep/tb/050905x.htm

historically, pissing off HRC has not been good for one's career (except rossi's)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Rossi said Sete would never win again........maybe he knew about the Ducati deal.:woot:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Dezmo said:
from http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2005/Sep/tb/050905x.htm

historically, pissing off HRC has not been good for one's career (except rossi's)
Except Ricky Charmichal, and Wayne Rainey, and Rob Muzzy. But your right, HRC almost always controls a riders destiny after he leaves them. ;)

Sete, starting over on a whole new bike, and different tires? Oivay. Could be a high flying season next year:D

·
I'll fix it.
2,249 Posts
stk0308 said:
HRC almost always controls a riders destiny after he leaves them. ;)Except Ricky Charmichal, and Wayne Rainey, and Rob Muzzy.
well, I meant ppl who pissed HRC off while still in their employment, not ppl who pissed off HRC by leaving...hence the rossi refrence :D

·
Registered
313 Posts
Aside from the whining, doesn't Sete have a reputation as a technical rider with a strength for bike set up? Perhaps this could give the Duc engineers a little more reliable feedback in developing a bike that can actually compete for something more than 5th place. The Bridgestone thing is a whole different problem though...

I'm also encouraged by the rumour that Bayliss may ride for Ducati in SBK again. :rockon

Regards,

Jeff

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Jeff H. said:
Aside from the whining, doesn't Sete have a reputation as a technical rider with a strength for bike set up? Perhaps this could give the Duc engineers a little more reliable feedback in developing a bike that can actually compete for something more than 5th place. The Bridgestone thing is a whole different problem though...

I'm also encouraged by the rumour that Bayliss may ride for Ducati in SBK again. :rockon

Regards,

Jeff
A big second to Bayliss back in WSBK...damned fine rider, just needs the right bike in the right series...this is a match made in heaven...he would be hell on wheels.....one of my favorites. Still have the Bayliss-Edwards race for the championship in Italy in 2002, I think....if you like racin', that was as good as it gets. Don't think you will see him again in MotoGP.

·
Registered
983 Posts
oneducs said:
is this suppose to be good for ducati?
I think it would be. Gibbernau obviously has an uncanny ability to set up a bike...a bike that seems to be getting back on track anyway. He's in great physical shape, and may be able to wrestle that beast around the track a little better than the lost Oompa-Loompa. Too bad about those tires...:mad:

I'd love to see it.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Latebraker said:
He can't be any worse than the riders they have now.
Hey, wait a minute....they have Carlos Chucka......he does all their horizontal testing. :eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts