Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase a service manual for my bike ..and the most service manual's you see, they are for the year 2000 ..Can I use these also for my 2002 ?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm looking to purchase a service manual for my bike ..and the most service manual's you see, they are for the year 2000 ..Can I use these also for my 2002 ?
To my best knowledge 2002 (SP2) is an addition/annex with the specific changes for the 2002 modification so it's not a seperate service manual.

Are you looking for an original or is a PDF file sufficient?
If the later is sufficient PM me and I'll try to help.

·
Craft Int Instructor
700 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
PDF seems better. Just print what you need and make a file. Have done tons of maintenance and repairs and never needed entire book sitting around collecting dust.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Here is a place to download the manuals for free: Free RC51 Service Manual Download Honda RVT1000R RC51.info

Having a book is nice though, as I don't have to waste any money on paper or ink for my printer at home. The funny part about the Harefoot that I have is that I picked it up off eBay used for about $25, and it just turned out to be a printed out copy of the PDF, I'd still like to get the actual copy, but I can find better things tk spend money on, and the actual manual apperently still doesn't have the update for the forks.

·
RC51 only 4stroke I liked
168 Posts
Last I looked it was over 400 some pages, so double sided say 220 pages plus punching and the cost of a binder and you get yourself a nice manual.
You may even go expensive on the paper that would last shop stains and abuse and buy yourself a printer for the money.
You can fill almost all inkjet cartridges for about $5, just buy some ink and a syringe or borrow one from a junky! :)

I have a huge HRC sticker outside my binder, printed on thick high res. paper and sprayed with water repellant on the flipping edges so it doesn't get all greasy. You just hold on the spray bottle and flip through the pages while spraying and it gets to all the parts of the pages that usually get greasy.

Don't tell me you wash your hands every time you touch the book, you are not one of us then! We like our grease stains on our hot-dog buns. Don't we guys? Yeahhhh!!!!!

Here is a place to download the manuals for free: Free RC51 Service Manual Download Honda RVT1000R RC51.info

Having a book is nice though, as I don't have to waste any money on paper or ink for my printer at home. The funny part about the Harefoot that I have is that I picked it up off eBay used for about $25, and it just turned out to be a printed out copy of the PDF, I'd still like to get the actual copy, but I can find better things tk spend money on, and the actual manual apperently still doesn't have the update for the forks.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Last I looked it was over 400 some pages, so double sided say 220 pages plus punching and the cost of a binder and you get yourself a nice manual.
You may even go expensive on the paper that would last shop stains and abuse and buy yourself a printer for the money.
You can fill almost all inkjet cartridges for about $5, just buy some ink and a syringe or borrow one from a junky! :)

I have a huge HRC sticker outside my binder, printed on thick high res. paper and sprayed with water repellant on the flipping edges so it doesn't get all greasy. You just hold on the spray bottle and flip through the pages while spraying and it gets to all the parts of the pages that usually get greasy.

Don't tell me you wash your hands every time you touch the book, you are not one of us then! We like our grease stains on our hot-dog buns. Don't we guys? Yeahhhh!!!!!
Hell no, it's got stains all over it. After I realized it was just a printed copy, I was kinda pissed, but it just gave me reason not to care. It's actually not a bad job, the paper is good quality thick paper, and the covers are thicker too, not as glossy as they could be, but whatever.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Get the Service AND Parts manuals....

*www.rc51.info* .. under the service tab... in case the link elsewhere posted here shifts.

I purchased both the Service Manual and the Parts Manual for $40 shipped from eBay. I have the PDF files but there is no substitute for a good tech manual.

Amazon.com has been a great source for manuals for me in the past; worth a look.

It may be worthy to note that the wiring diagram was not include in my book. I use the one I downloaded from the link above.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
On the topic of service manuals:

Supposedly there is a supplementary section release for the SP2 forks. I have the SP2 version of the manual (paper and PDF) with all of the differences, except the forks, which seems to be the norm. Does anybody know who to talk to about getting the supplement? My local dealer is clueless. Heck, I would even pay for a scanned copy.

·
Registered
153 Posts
RC51 SP1 & SP2 Fork Comparison!

Hey B! Here it is; SP2 Fork from SP1!

The SP2 Forks (145 grams lighter) is now 9-Percent softer on compression, Up 16-percent on rebound, with the same spring rate. Fork travel has also been increased from 4.7 to 5.1 inches.

The Stanchion (Fork Tube) was Redesign to Strengthen the Lower Leg Portion of the Fork Tube. Reducing Fork Flexion & Vibration

In the Picture are 3-Forks! SP1 On the Left! SP2 In the Middle! VTR1000F on the Right> Added for Comparison of the VTR-Forks!

The SP1 Fork Tube has the Same Circumference 2/3rd's of the Way Up to the top of the Fork! It Has a Tapered Bridge/Crown Designed to Strengthen the last Portion of the Fork Tube! This Design is Less Rigid & Courses Flexion/Vibration!

The SP2 Shape More Like an Aluminum Baseball Bat, Has a Continuation of 1-Circumference Blended into the Next Circumference 1/2 way Through the Fork Tube! Added Rigidity & Vibration Reduction! This Design is Done on High Performance Aircraft Landing Gear!
On the Lower Leg of the SP2, it h
as an Indentation Pressure Ring! That Too comes from Aircraft Landing Gear!

For You Wine Connoisseurs, The "cone" at the base of a Wine bottle is under compression form the pressure inside the bottle (Lower Leg of the Fork Tube) and this puts the end of the bottle (the tube part) into tension. If the base was flat, (Lack of Indentation Ring on fork Tube) instead of cone shaped (Indention Ring), it would 'bend' (Push Out) from the pressure and thus break. (BLOW YOUR FORKS SEALS)!

Hope this Explanation Helped!

Same Concept on those Tall Narrow Gas Tanks!

Attachments

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
I already know the differences, I need the ever elusive supplement for the service manual that shows the procedures for maintenance on the SP2 forks, as the manual (even the '02+ manual) shows only the SP1 forks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts