Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nicky Hayden finally won a race taking a decisive race 2 victory in the wet leading every lap from start to finish and securing Honda's first World Superbike win since 2014.

I was beginning to feel that Hayden was pretty much washed up after seeing his young Dutch teammate consistently outperform him, albeit it by a small margin.

While it was a wet weather win with the rain typically being a great equalizer for disparities in equipment superiority, the Honda is not horribly inferior to the Kawasakis, Ducatis and Yamahas so I hope he'll be able to put together one or more dry weather wins before the season ends as well as a good number of podium finishes.

Personally, I'd be happy if he is able to finish the season ahead of his talented teammate, Michael van der Mark....

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
i think we can chalk this one up to experience.

good for him, i'm sure he felt great to be standing on top of the podium after 10 years of not-doing-so-great.

in the dry i'm not sure he'll be able to fend of van der mark, but when conditions are tricky he's among the most experienced out there.

but really, that sbk was like watching paint dry compared to the WSS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts