Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rossi is ready to split... he ain't happy being reprimanded by Yamaha
management and being denied a test of his new speedy red V4...

Source:

http://www.as.com/motor/articulo/rossi-piensa-plantar-yamaha-malaisia/da...

The brutal last-lap battle between Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo -
two riders who are reportedly teammates for the Fiat Yamaha squad -
may end up having far-reaching consequences. Lorenzo complained about
Rossi's riding after the race, and Yamaha management spoke to Rossi
about the incident, pointing out that having two teammates take each
other out while one of them is so close to wrapping up a world
championship for the factory is not a desirable state of affairs.

Yamaha's reprimand may be the penultimate chapter in the long history
between Rossi and the Japanese factory. The ever well-informed Mela
Chercoles of Spanish sports daily AS.com quotes "sources close to
Valentino Rossi" as saying that the Malaysian MotoGP round at Sepang
will be the nine-time world champion's last race on a Yamaha, and that
he will return to Italy for surgery on his injured shoulder
immediately after the race.

According to AS.com's sources, the reprimand issued by Yamaha was the
final straw that convinced Rossi that Yamaha will not allow him to
test the Ducati at Valencia after the final MotoGP race of the year.
Yamaha have been deliberately vague over whether they would allow
Rossi to test the Ducati at Valencia, Yamaha Racing boss Lin Jarvis
telling MotoMatters.com at Brno that it was "too early to make a
decision." It was widely believed that Yamaha's policy of not
announcing whether they would allow Rossi to test was the only
leverage the factory still had over the Italian, and the only way of
ensuring he refrained from public criticism of the factory until the
end of the season.

Rossi had hinted that he may not finish the season after Aragon,
telling the press that he was considering surgery after the Phillip
Island round of MotoGP, and skipping the last two races of the year.
The warning he received after Motegi appears to have hastened that
decision. With little chance of testing the Ducati, Rossi may believe
his best option is to have surgery as soon as possible, to allow
himself the maximum recovery time to be fit for the next series of
MotoGP tests at Sepang in February.

Those tests - and the tests earlier this year - are the only reason
the Italian will be racing in Malaysia. Speaking at Aragon in
mid-September, Rossi emphasized the importance of comparing data from
riding with his injured shoulder to the data from the tests from
February this year, when the Italian was incredibly fast. Comparing
that data will allow Rossi and his crew - who will be joining him at
Ducati - to see how his shoulder injury has affected his riding, and
to find ways to get around it. This data will also be crucial for
February 2011, when the Italian returns to Sepang to test the Ducati
for the first time.

Though the warning given to Rossi by Yamaha has been met with general
dismay by MotoGP fans, who were thrilled by the spectacle of some of
the best racing in the class since Rossi and Lorenzo's last clash, at
Barcelona in 2009, it is entirely unsurprising from Yamaha's
perspective. For Yamaha, it was crucial that Lorenzo wrapped up the
title as soon as possible, especially while his main rival was out
with an injured collarbone. The one thing Yamaha did not need was for
their two riders to run each other off the track, potentially injuring
the man who has his name already penciled on the 2010 MotoGP trophy.
Rossi's decision to engage Lorenzo so forcefully was most likely made
on the spur of the moment, driven in part by his anger at having been
displaced from Yamaha by Lorenzo, and in part as a lesson to Lorenzo
for next year. If Rossi believes that lesson - reminiscent of the ones
dished out to Casey Stoner and Sete Gibernau in the past - will have a
long-term effect, then he may feel the loss of the Valencia test may
be worth it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
You know besides breaking his leg what has Valentino done to piss off Yamaha so much? How did this seemingly perfect relationship get so twisted?

I cant believe they thought he was "done" and chose Lorenzo over Rossi even as he is the reigning world champion. I dont understand why Yamaha would turn thier back on him so quickly? Did they believe his talents to be degraded? Seems a bit hasty especially since we all saw Bayliss come into his own in his late 30's.

Seems yamaha were a bit premature and tunred thier back on the legend a bit to soon, and everone in that paddock Knows Vale is tough to bet against when he has an axe to grind. Yamaha is the new honda.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
not to worry, jorge will get towed aroung like a phuking boat anchor by both Ducati and Honda next year, serves the phukin clowns right...

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Yeah, I don't get it either. They are going down the same path that Honda did, and the Yamaha was crap then comapred to what the Ducati is now. Not very smart on their part, and poor PR tactics given how everyone regards Rossi as the guy who brough Yamaha back into the limelight in MotoGP.

Maybe just too many people with inflated egos in MotoGP, for us on the outside to make sense of their actions. I am sure Ducati is similing seeing how Yamaha is fueling Rossi's fire! :cool:

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Maybe just too many people with inflated egos in MotoGP, for us on the outside to make sense of their actions.
Rossi being the largest, most bruised ego this year. Correct?:confused: He is so bitter that this season has largely gone on without him mattering at all. If you don't think he's dying to have some limelight shine on him for a change this season, then you're on another planet.:woot:

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rossi being the largest, most bruised ego this year. Correct?:confused: He is so bitter that this season has largely gone on without him mattering at all. If you don't think he's dying to have some limelight shine on him for a change this season, then you're on another planet.:woot:
I think if any egos were bruised it was Jorge's... he has been racking up wins
because Rossi was out and Ducati and Honda were having problems... now that
Rossi is strong and Ducati and Honda have sorted out their problems Jorge has
not made the podium... I think you are seeing shades of next year...

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
I'm not defending Yamaha because I think they have handled the Rossi departure terribly since he announced the Ducati deal. However, if you look at it from their perspective they made the best choices available to them early this year. Yamaha would have loved to kept both Rossi and Lorenzo. Early in the season Lorenzo got the better of Rossi although I think had he been healthy Rossi would have worn him down, got in his head, and Jorge would have tasted gravel a few times.

Anyway, that is not how the season went and Rossi made it clear he didn't want Lorenzo as a teammate. So Yamaha had a difficult decision to make, let Lorenzo go to keep Rossi or let Rossi go and hopefully keep Lorenzo. Lorenzo seemed unconcerned with having Rossi as a teammate. Maybe Yamaha thought they could call Rossi's bluff and he would re-sign with them anyway. Honda probably wasn't an option, Ducati was not seen as that competitive, and no one else had enough money. Rossi could have always retired, then at least for Yamaha he wouldn't be on someone else's bike. If you weigh the perceived options, Yamaha probably made the right call.

A difficult situation to be sure, I'm inclined to think Rossi is most of the cause of the drama. Seeing him on a Ducatii will be great though.

Rest assured, if this is Rossi's last ride on Yamaha and Lorenzo is already champion, there can be no team orders. Both guys will fight tooth and nail to beat the other. This to me is the first race of 2011.

·
This space for rent
1,478 Posts
You know besides breaking his leg what has Valentino done to piss off Yamaha so much? How did this seemingly perfect relationship get so twisted?

I cant believe they thought he was "done" and chose Lorenzo over Rossi even as he is the reigning world champion. I dont understand why Yamaha would turn thier back on him so quickly? Did they believe his talents to be degraded? Seems a bit hasty especially since we all saw Bayliss come into his own in his late 30's.

Seems yamaha were a bit premature and tunred thier back on the legend a bit to soon, and everone in that paddock Knows Vale is tough to bet against when he has an axe to grind. Yamaha is the new honda.

Rossi is the one who gave Yamaha the ultimatum of it's him or me then went crashed himself out trying to match his teammates speed. Rossi is the one who forced this situation and now we are supposed to feel sympathetic for him?

I hope he gets his ass handed to him next year, if nothing else I'd like to see Stoner beat him.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Rossi is the one who gave Yamaha the ultimatum of it's him or me then went crashed himself out trying to match his teammates speed. Rossi is the one who forced this situation and now we are supposed to feel sympathetic for him?

I hope he gets his ass handed to him next year, if nothing else I'd like to see Stoner beat him.
Highsiding on a cold tire after cruising around at much slower than race pace to get rid of a slower rider that was wanting a tow is pretty much the opposite of "crashed himself out trying to match his teammates speed".

·
This space for rent
1,478 Posts
Highsiding on a cold tire after cruising around at much slower than race pace to get rid of a slower rider that was wanting a tow is pretty much the opposite of "crashed himself out trying to match his teammates speed".
Other than the first race Lorenzo was beating Rossi everywhere, Rossi was getting desperate to beat his teammate. The fact is he has only finished in front of Lorenzo twice this season.

·
Señor Member
1,694 Posts
Other than the first race Lorenzo was beating Rossi everywhere, Rossi was getting desperate to beat his teammate. The fact is he has only finished in front of Lorenzo twice this season.
Sorry dude, lame comeback. You were wrong, and you got told. Take it like a man.

What you're saying above is true, but doesn't mitigate that you were flat wrong when you said that Rossi took himself out trying to best Lorenzo. Telling the truth about one issue doesn't excuse being wrong about the other.

·
This space for rent
1,478 Posts
Sorry dude, lame comeback. You were wrong, and you got told. Take it like a man.

What you're saying above is true, but doesn't mitigate that you were flat wrong when you said that Rossi took himself out trying to best Lorenzo. Telling the truth about one issue doesn't excuse being wrong about the other.
In 2009 at Mugello Lorenzo beat Rossi at his home track, that never sat well with Rossi. In 2010 he was getting beat by Lorenzo and he wanted to make a point that he was not going to roll over and die, so he wanted to be fastest in every practice session and qualifying. He crashed because of that, you cannot tell me that the tires cool off so fast that after 30 seconds at a relaxed pace his tires lost that much grip. Look at how hard they go after the green flag is dropped and they sit there for at least 30 seconds before waiting for everyone to finish the warm up lap.

You can choose to believe whatever you want, I don't believe the tires lose temperature that quickly. Rossi was trying to make a statement to his teammate and it backfired this time.

·
12,576 Posts
He looked like a fukn moron for having a wall put up in the garage and then getting his ass handed to him week in and week out by the guy he said was stealing his setup info. In the end, Rossi couldn't get HIS bike setup and ultimately nearly offed himself and his career. Spin it any way u want it, but he stomped his feet that he didn't want to be teammates with the guy who was handing him one of the worst asswhoopings ever. I don't see what Yamaha has to do with any of this? They aren't being the drama queens? :rolleyes:

Bottom line is that Rossi HAS to win and get poles next year (which we all suspect he will) or it's a complete failure. The bike is a rocket and there's really no excuse other than the rider. Cuz Stoner is fukn FAST on it.:woot:

·
12,576 Posts

Amen brother! The wrath of the nutswingers will fall upon you for speaking the truth, but they MUST defend him. It's their job.:eek:

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
Good post, but ya know....Logical thought is not the prevalent characteristic amongst some here. Fairly obvious agendas are..... ;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
In 2009 at Mugello Lorenzo beat Rossi at his home track, that never sat well with Rossi. In 2010 he was getting beat by Lorenzo and he wanted to make a point that he was not going to roll over and die, so he wanted to be fastest in every practice session and qualifying. He crashed because of that, you cannot tell me that the tires cool off so fast that after 30 seconds at a relaxed pace his tires lost that much grip. Look at how hard they go after the green flag is dropped and they sit there for at least 30 seconds before waiting for everyone to finish the warm up lap.

You can choose to believe whatever you want, I don't believe the tires lose temperature that quickly. Rossi was trying to make a statement to his teammate and it backfired this time.
My bad, I didn't realize you hadn't really followed MotoGP at all. The cold tire highside isn't that unusual, I had figured most knowledgeable fans would be familiar with them, especially after the 2009 Laguna Seca round.

·
This space for rent
1,478 Posts
So I went back and checked the practice analysis, Rossi was a second off in the first sector, a second off on the second sector and then slowed down for eleven seconds in the third sector. If that actually was enough time for the tire to lose temperature then how can they run lap record pace right from the start of the race, I mean they sit there on the grid waiting for the lights to go out for longer than that yet they go full stop on the first lap.

Of course Rossi isn't going to say I wanted to beat my teammate and pushed it too far, he will say it was the tires fault.

Here is the page for the analysis of lap times leading right up to Rossi's crash.

http://resources.motogp.com/files/results/xx/2010/ITA/MotoGP/FP2/Analysis.pdf?v1_e1a19ac7

·
12,576 Posts
So I went back and checked the practice analysis, Rossi was a second off in the first sector, a second off on the second sector and then slowed down for eleven seconds in the third sector. If that actually was enough time for the tire to lose temperature then how can they run lap record pace right from the start of the race, I mean they sit there on the grid waiting for the lights to go out for longer than that yet they go full stop on the first lap.

Of course Rossi isn't going to say I wanted to beat my teammate and pushed it too far, he will say it was the tires fault.

Here is the page for the analysis of lap times leading right up to Rossi's crash.

http://resources.motogp.com/files/results/xx/2010/ITA/MotoGP/FP2/Analysis.pdf?v1_e1a19ac7
Careful! Disputing any of Rossi's or his fans' claims will result in namecalling and instant backlash. You MUST take everything he says as law, those are just the rules. He's never lied, stretched the truth or mislead anyone, yet he's the "king of mindgames".:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 118 Posts