Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow.............. Bridgestone is not screwing around. Congrats to Ducati for #1, #3 spot. Sete needs to pull his head out his ass. He banged plastics with Hayden twice, and took out Nakano who was having the best race of his season in third. The boy is cursed.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
I am sooooooooo pissed!!!!! Wanted to watch the race as a virgin, then I went to one of my email accounts and there was a headline that I could not ignore telling me all about the race. That really is rotten and it came from Yamaha. Rat basturds.

Oh yeah.....congrats to Loris. He is one wickedly fast dude who just has no fear. I am glad that Ducati gets a ton of publicity out of this...they are on somewhat shaky ground financially ever since they changed the headlights on their sportbikes.

·
Registered
837 Posts
watching it yesterday..what a race..nice weather...look like rossi is playing safe..

will upload more pics soon..

·
Registered
983 Posts
Advocate, I hate you. :mad:
:notworthy

Two weeks in a row now, I've had to get the results of the race off the computer (No TV last week, at work while it was airing this week.) And one of my all time favorites wins both weeks!

Congrats to Loris! I bet his mom is pissed!;)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I used to be a fan of Sete, but now, I actually appluaded when he crashed. I felt bad for Nakano, but I was glad to see Sete out of it. I just wonder if Rossi is ballsy enough to say that Sete will never podium again? I wonder how he will do on a Ducati? I hope he sucks, I just don't like that guy anymore. He needs to wipe that sour puss off his face and race fair.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
i felt also very sorry for Nakano... The guy had a change for another podium but this dump silly actor Ruined it for good.. (He almsot did the same to Checa and Hayden X 2) The " on my knees and praying" was really stupid too..:banghead

·
Registered
837 Posts
saw the crash yesterday..phuck sete..its bridgstone's track yesterday and nakano could have been on the podium if hes not taken down by sete..but i dont think rossi pushing hard either..could have been different if sete was infront of him..

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
word is that michelin has problems with the tires they are working on some imporvments for the next race... Bridgestone brought a new set of tires so i wouldnt call it a bridgestone track with back to back wins...

·
This space for rent
1,478 Posts
The Bridgestone/Ducati is working good in the hot weather races and I am glad to see Rossi get challenged for race wins. Good job by Capirex on winning two in row.:)

I am amazed at how up and down some of these riders have been this season, Biaggi will go great one week and be lost the next. Same thing has happened to Hayden, he tests after a race and is blindingly fast only to show up at the next race and struggle, then he's fast again at the next race. Tamada, Barros and Edwards have all been in the same situation. Even Rossi has struggled for most of the weekend at some of the races only to figure something out in the warm up practice before the race.:confused:

Sete seems to be riding desperate now and must be running out of confidence, either that or Rossi is a VooDoo doctor.:D

·
Registered
837 Posts
Giannis said:
word is that michelin has problems with the tires they are working on some imporvments for the next race... Bridgestone brought a new set of tires so i wouldnt call it a bridgestone track with back to back wins...
err..i mean for yesterday, the bridgestone seem to have the edge over the michelin tyres..even the suzuki managed to be on the 1st row on qualifying while the michelin runners struggled.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Its good to see Ducati givin Rosi a run for his money...... But IMHO Ducati would be foolish to sign Sete unless they plan on building/testing a "gravel trap" version of the V4.....Maybe Bridgestone can woop up some knoby tires for him........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Giannis said:
It certainly did appear that Michelin were having problems over the weekend. And I am very happy to see Ducati put together a winning package. Since I don't believe Rossi was dogging it, anytime anybody finishes in front of Rossi there has to be a very good reason. Hayden and Edwards had the advantage of track knowledge. Barros had a much better set-up in wet conditions. Capirossi (who is an excellent rider in his own right) had the faster bike with the better tires.

I'd say Motegi is definitely a Bridgestone track. A Bridgstone rider won there this year and last year, Tamada won there on 'Stones while Nakano finished third on the Kawasaki riding the same brand. This year, Tamada finished in third place on Michelins with an overall race time three seconds slower than his winning time last year.

As far as Sepang is concerned, Tamada's overall race time this year was nearly thirty seconds slower than last year (roughly 1.4 seconds a lap) and last years race was run on a significantly hotter track in more humid conditions. Maybe its not fair to say Sepang is a Bridgestone track but anytime Rossi is beaten there has to be a reason and I have yet to see that happening because someone was a better rider than he was. In this case, (and with all due respect to Loris) I believe it was the partially the bike but moreso the tires.

·
Registered
150 Posts
bruntr said:
Its good to see Ducati givin Rosi a run for his money...... But IMHO Ducati would be foolish to sign Sete unless they plan on building/testing a "gravel trap" version of the V4.....Maybe Bridgestone can woop up some knoby tires for him........:rolleyes:
I agree Sete was riding out of control, but its been widely reported that when Honda believes a rider is leaving them the following season, they pull the good equipment as to not give them any leg up for the next season.

What if Sete *had* to ride out of control just to stay near the front?? Evidently honda has a history of doing those kinds of things. I'm not defending Sete's actions, just posing a question.

Congrats to Ducati and Loris. They look to be back. If anyone believes Rossi didnt push to win, that would say something about him has changed. I believe every championship he has won he has closed out with a win. Its hard for me to believe he settled for 2nd this race.

·
Registered
313 Posts
That race was a hoot to watch! I actually resisted the temptation to check the web for race results. It was especially hard to do once I saw that Capirex had pole. :rockon It's great to see the Ducs getting back on track and to see Capirossi get some consistent results with all the work he's done with the program. The only way it could've been better would be if Bayliss was the one getting the win on a Duc. If I had a newer computer and a cable modem I would try to watch the races on MotoGP.com. Has anyone found a way to record the feed onto disc or anything? Regards,

Jeff

1 - 20 of 22 Posts