Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking at Section 8 Superbike pricing service and man, I feel for anyone who brings a Harley Davidson in for service. $250 per hour and they must bring there own tool kit (standard wrenchs)
. The BMW/Triumph are not much different. http://www.section8superbike.com/pricing.php

Maybe one day I can afford me a 998R (and the services that it will need
). But until then, I'll just ride my RC51 and make fun of all you Duc guys (except my brother with his 996).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Section 8 Service Pricing (FryDaddy)

Harley's no longer require "standard" wrenches...each tool kit is now supplied with a Cresent wrench, 6 ft of wire and a cellular telephone calling card.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I bought my Ducati from a large Honda dealer, and let me tell you, Honda service was NO cheaper, and what they did to your bike could hardly be called proper service.

Just know that if you bring your bike to Section 8 you get what you pay for, and when you bring your Honda to dealer X, you get, well, dealer X service.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Jason hates to confuse people with humor

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just feel sorry for that poor Rc1 driving redneck from Walterboro.....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Section 8 Service Pricing (Tornado-rider)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tornado-rider »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Harley's no longer require "standard" wrenches...each tool kit is now supplied with a Cresent wrench, 6 ft of wire and a cellular telephone calling card.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

There standard tool kit is probably a can of Mother's chrome polish and a rag.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Section 8 Service Pricing (Monster Man)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Monster Man »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I bought my Ducati from a large Honda dealer, and let me tell you, Honda service was NO cheaper, and what they did to your bike could hardly be called proper service.

Just know that if you bring your bike to Section 8 you get what you pay for, and when you bring your Honda to dealer X, you get, well, dealer X service.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

The price of the Honda dealers are about the same as Jason's prices listed for Jap bikes. Most Duc dealers around here are a little more. Lots of dealers charge a lot and don't do nothing to fix the actual problem, but from the post that I have saw about Section 8, his shop seems to be one of the best in the U.S.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Section 8 Service Pricing (hearing8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hearing8 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Jason hates to confuse people with humor</TD></TR></TABLE>

I did not mean nothing when I wrote the statement above. His prices are on par with the current prices around here that I know of for Jap. bikes, but his Duc service is cheaper than most shops around here that works on Ducatis. That is a plus for all of the guys that stay around Section 8 area.
Good service for a cheaper price.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: (3ducks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 3ducks »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just feel sorry for that poor Rc1 driving redneck from Walterboro.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

First off, I would never take my bike that far to get it worked on. If I was in the area and needed some work, sure then I would. I can take my bike to shops like KWS, Lee's performance, etc. which are only a little drive away from me.

Second, I was just browsing Jason's site looking at bikes and happen to glance at his price list and sort of laughed when I saw the price for Harley's ($250 hr labor) and BMW ($200 hr labor).

Third, I'm not a redneck and I'm not really from Walterboro (just have it listed since it was close to where I stay).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: (FryDaddy)

JASON - SECTION 8 SUPERBIKES

I did not mean any harm when I posted this from your site. I just thought that it was funny and others may get a laugh from it. As I stated earlier, I have never did any business with you as of yet, but from everyone on this board and a few others, you seem to be a respectful business with a good thing going for you. If you wish, you can have the mods delete this thread from causing any problems.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I didn't see the post as offensive, I too saw the humour in the Harley servicing price
I just wanted it to be clear Section8 is a great outfit compared to many many others
I didn't want anybody getting the wrong idea

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shoot, they have to charge 200.00 an hour for BMW's just to make cost of ownership even close when you compare # of hours service required each year for both brands!! LOL

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Don't fret FryDaddy, I thought it was funny too, I laughed thinking it was some kind of punishment for owning a Harley

I have a mate with a Black Road King and dare I say I really like it
....but don't tell anyone.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: (Monstaman)

I'm just trying to close my eyes, and imagine a big burly HOG owner walking into Section and saying "my wide glide needs servicing". Then sitting down, playing a game of off road fury on the x-box with double tv monitors, or perhaps riding the GP 500 game they have set up.

All in his leather vest, and full colors.

Now that my friend, would be funny.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You would be surprised what people do. I said I would never want a cruiser bike while I'm still young, but I sat on this guys custom crusier and said to myself, this is kind of a cool ride.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FryDaddy »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">JASON - SECTION 8 SUPERBIKES

I did not mean any harm when I posted this from your site. I just thought that it was funny and others may get a laugh from it. As I stated earlier, I have never did any business with you as of yet, but from everyone on this board and a few others, you seem to be a respectful business with a good thing going for you. If you wish, you can have the mods delete this thread from causing any problems.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

No worries, I took it as you thought it was funny.

We actualy have the same sign right behind the counter and we get everything from people reading it and rolling arround on the floor laughing (Ducati owners, Jap bike guys) to YOU GUYS SUCK from the rest. And I politely with the statement "Porsche dealers won't even work on tractors, at least we are giving you the option"

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i gotta tell you, service on a 911 is way more then anything on a vette, doesn't mean i dont a 911, and it will not take the vette of the line, but it still doesnt mean i dont want a 911
but, $250/hr. seams excesive, unless you're gettin me out of jail
one hell of a reason to invest in some tools

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: (usmktmkr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by usmktmkr »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i gotta tell you, service on a 911 is way more then anything on a vette, doesn't mean i dont a 911, and it will not take the vette of the line, but it still doesnt mean i dont want a 911
but, $250/hr. seams excesive, unless you're gettin me out of jail
one hell of a reason to invest in some tools</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actualy it's because we won't work on them. We figured instead of standing at the counter explaining for ten minutes how we end up loosing money because we don't have the propper tooling, the simplest of parts in stock, no manuals and to be frank no expireience with them we would price it so the didn't want us to work on them.

It saves us from saying NO.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What if some rich dummy comes in and says "fix my bike, no matter how much you charge per hour and I need it yesterday". Then, would you still say NO or Yes.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts