Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few sessions on the Big Track @ Willow Springs, a guy in the next pit suggested I move to the Fast Group. And, not surprisingly, with the change and the use of more experienced lines my lap times improved. My neighbor in the pits was unbelievably fast. I thought I might catch him on my 999, esp in the straightaway. But those hopes were quickly dashed as we quickly entered a turn. . His SV650 had some mods, eg. Ohlins; Marchisini; TwoBrothers, but the motor was stock @ around 70 HP. My newly made friend explained that reference points are important for improved lap times. In fact, he had every reference point and gear selection @ every turn committed to memory. So systemic was his use of reference points that some turns were acknowledged only when two RPs were in alignment! Because of these words of advice my last lap was my fastest. Now, I know what you are thinking- RPs are pretty standard stuff, but what I learned is if I just check my ego @ the door and really listen and trust in what a more experienced rider is telling me I just might go a little faster. Thanks, Randy, for making a great track day even better!

Modified by socal at 5:09 PM 5/27/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Schooled @ Willow Springs Track Day (socal)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by socal »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...what I learned is if I just check my ego @ the door and really listen and trust in what a more experienced rider is telling me I just might go a little faster... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ahh, you have learned much, Grasshopper.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Schooled @ Willow Springs Track Day (AZ Scott)

sounds like you had a good time. those little peski 650s fly i tell you.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Schooled @ Willow Springs Track Day (oneducs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oneducs »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sounds like you had a good time. those little peski 650s fly i tell you.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

SV's, they're humbling, but getting smoked by a 125 is worse.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Schooled @ Willow Springs Track Day (DC Duc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC Duc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

SV's, they're humbling, but getting smoked by a 125 is worse.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can learn a lot from the 125s and the 250s, just don't try to out brake them

-Tifosi

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Schooled @ Willow Springs Track Day (Tifosi)

My 620 SS will rule the track!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts