Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the 02 SBK season on DVD. I have found it on VHS but who has one of those anymore?

Amazon has a few that are used and are 40 bucks...if thats all I can find than I guess I'll pick up one of those

I have found Duke video and Motovideo, any others out there?

Thanks guys & gals

·
:rolleyes
305 Posts
I'm looking for the 02 SBK season on DVD. I have found it on VHS but who has one of those anymore?

Amazon has a few that are used and are 40 bucks...if thats all I can find than I guess I'll pick up one of those

I have found Duke video and Motovideo, any others out there?

Thanks guys & gals
Best season ever. Ever. Ever.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Ebay

Just keep an eye on Ebay one will come on there every now and then. I got one brand new pretty cheap last spring. HOOVY

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just keep an eye on Ebay one will come on there every now and then. I got one brand new pretty cheap last spring. HOOVY

Got this in the mail last night :rockonIts an actual Duke video and not some copy,

I will say they should catch up with the times and go HD, but still BA

Thanks for the tip HOOVY!

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
Cool

You are welcome , wouldn't lead you astray!! :clapper That is a great video one of the best. Great action and racing. ENJOY :D HOOVY

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So after watching the whole season I noticed a few things...Bayliss was winning all the first half of the season and after one race Edwards mentioned that HRC would be releasing some new "bits" to the team. It was after the Suzuka 8 hr that Honda went with the dual exhuast system and Im not sure what else they got but the exhuast was the only noticeable difference. After Suzuka, CE seemed to really pick up the pace and was able to hang with the Duc alot easier in the second half of the season

Was the Suzuka of more importance to Honda then WSBK? If so, then why?

How old is CE now? They had an interview with him and he said he'd call it quits at the age 32 or maybe 33. He was 28 at the time of this interview and if he was 28 in 2002, He's got to be around 36?

They also had a ride report of the SP2 in the castrol colors and they said if you bought one you'd get tickets to a whole year of WSBK and a lunch with Edwards himself

Very interesting year to say the least, with a big group always running at the top Edwards, Bayliss, Hodgson, Xaus, Haga.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Guess where I was at the turning point where CE turned it around??

Second round at Laguna. When that race won I got into Pit Row and was next to all the other photog with their 10k lens while I had my point and shoot camera:D

GOOD TIMES:rockon

·
Registered
825 Posts
According to "The Honda Story" HRC upgraded the motor for Suzuka and from then on the works SP2 was way more competitive.

The Duke DVD gives a decent summary of the action for the year and Parish's tests of the standard road bikes are probably on the money, meaning in stock form the Ducati was a lot more motorcycle than the SP2. That said it was also a lot more expensive, if you'd spent the difference on comparable upgrades to the VTR it would have been a much closer contest. The dinner with Colin Edwards promo was one of Honda's attempts to generate more sales interest in the SP2. I read once CE reckon's they blamed him for poor sales ... b/s if you ask me, he rode the wheels off the thing all year.

If you can try to find a full length download of the last race at Imola. The shortened version on the Duke DVD simply does not do it justice, some rate it as the greatest WSBK race of all time. If all else fails PM me & I'll send you a copy.

JB

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah after Suzuka, CE and his SP2 were on fire, I wonder why they waited til then or where they just in development stages the first part of the year and didn't finish until Suzuka?

I don't see how Edwards could be blamed for poor sales? He took them to victory twice with that bike. When he was giving that interview it didn't sound like he liked Honda all that much and he'd much rather be riding for Yamaha

Stripes, I can see those photog faces now when you run up there with a 200 camera. I have done it at IMS with the MotoGP they get so pissed when you try to get in there to get a pic! But yet they hang out in one spot all day

1 - 10 of 10 Posts