Speedzilla Forums banner

361 - 375 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
u forgot to mention that how someone breaks in their bike can greatlly affect how their engines act later on. i find that ppl who are more aggresive with breaking in their bike s in the beginning usually end up with a lil more horsepower. there have been several articles in the mags over the years to support this.

the humungus said:
He didn't say there wasn't.

He didn't say that either. We are all here because of one thing in common, the RC51. You can't deny how much time and effort LDH has put into the project through his website and its members contributions. You can't deny how willing he is to help ANYONE. If you try to convince the readers he is a dictator without compromise I can bring people online here who have received help from him over the phone that have nothing to do with RC51's or sato whatsoever and none received this salesman treatment that is being implied.

Now, back to the point of this thread. All conspiracy theories aside. I have rode several RC51's in my area no two of which had the same pipe or mapping. All the way from plain old Hindles to full system Akrapovich I have rode about 6 different piped and mapped RC51's. Not one of them fueled as nicely as mine does, non pulled through their gears like mine does. I was the only one on Satos, I was the only one running the kyle map available for FREE download off the net. Interestingly enough each of the other RC51 owners had custom maps built locally and the dyno printout they showed me all made over 130 hp. So I guess it must make over 130 hp right? Or is mine making closer to 140 ??? I have no idea what my bike makes on a dyno because I don't care. I have no idea how to read a dyno printout. I just say my bike makes a safe 125 and I have pulled away (at differing rates) from every RC51 I have come across (in some of these cases I can't say its a fair statement because I don't know what their gearings were)

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Jay_in_LA said:
We may know soon, but if the results don't point to Sato, im sure we will get 37 more pages
Anyone can manipulate a dyno to get almost any disired results and I have seen it first hand and no it wasn't with either exhaust in this thread. Unless I was to watch the back to back dyno test then anything posted on the internet is just that a post on the net.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #369
CBR400RR said:
Anyone can manipulate a dyno to get almost any disired results and I have seen it first hand and no it wasn't with either exhaust in this thread. Unless I was to watch the back to back dyno test then anything posted on the internet is just that a post on the net.
I agree with you to a degree. I find it odd that all the Kyle dynos show'd Sato lows as the power producers, when people didn't like the lows as much, suddenly the Bonzais became comperable. Very interesting

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
"Anyone can manipulate a dyno to get almost any disired results":clapper this single most important thing said in this 36 page thread.

people go on and on about how the satos are that much better and for 6 years i have been hearing the constant daily drivel and sales spew about how they are 2 hp better and 3 ft lbs of torque better below 6000 rpms LOL. I am not going to call mike or dan liars or cheats as that would be damn rude. I am going to say that anybody who belives for a mili second that a supplier with a reputation would not be capable of getting 2 hp out of their dyno to make sales whoever it might be is fuggin stupid. money makes people greedy and when tens of thousands of dollars are at stake over 2-3 hp you don't think somebody might be inclined to put 8 psi more in a rear tire on the slip-on run LOL you have to be kidding me if that thought never occured. i am not calling the sato out in particular, i am saying any seller for that matter. tgis business is cutthroat and 2 hp makes the difference between big money and a flop so think about that, anybody who tells you they sell/make pipes for the sport and don't care about money is full of chit including me:D if it were me i would not even look at a makes graph for their pipes as you KNOW, yes KNOW it is going to be tops, why bother to look. I went and looked at independent graphs as i found i KNEW they had nothing to gain or lose if their findings. I know of a shop who did some RC51 dynos and custom maps with different pipes and they did not sell ANY of the exhaust to those customers so once again, unbiased. they showed and told me that all the slips they tested were so close it was negligable even with mapping except for the one full exhaust they did whicj DID make better power from around 6000 up over any of the slip-ons they tested.

I am completely happy with my choice of system even though it might not be the best, that term is relative IMO.

·
Registered
706 Posts
mrgrn said:
"Anyone can manipulate a dyno to get almost any disired results":clapper this single most important thing said in this 36 page thread.

people go on and on about how the satos are that much better and for 6 years i have been hearing the constant daily drivel and sales spew about how they are 2 hp better and 3 ft lbs of torque better below 6000 rpms LOL. I am not going to call mike or dan liars or cheats as that would be damn rude. I am going to say that anybody who belives for a mili second that a supplier with a reputation would not be capable of getting 2 hp out of their dyno to make sales whoever it might be is fuggin stupid. money makes people greedy and when tens of thousands of dollars are at stake over 2-3 hp you don't think somebody might be inclined to put 8 psi more in a rear tire on the slip-on run LOL you have to be kidding me if that thought never occured. i am not calling the sato out in particular, i am saying any seller for that matter. tgis business is cutthroat and 2 hp makes the difference between big money and a flop so think about that, anybody who tells you they sell/make pipes for the sport and don't care about money is full of chit including me:D if it were me i would not even look at a makes graph for their pipes as you KNOW, yes KNOW it is going to be tops, why bother to look. I went and looked at independent graphs as i found i KNEW they had nothing to gain or lose if their findings. I know of a shop who did some RC51 dynos and custom maps with different pipes and they did not sell ANY of the exhaust to those customers so once again, unbiased. they showed and told me that all the slips they tested were so close it was negligable even with mapping except for the one full exhaust they did whicj DID make better power from around 6000 up over any of the slip-ons they tested.

I am completely happy with my choice of system even though it might not be the best, that term is relative IMO.

Spoken as a true man who can have an independant thought.

·
Registered
386 Posts
all the slips they tested were so close it was negligable even with mapping except for the one full exhaust they did which DID make better power from around 6000 up over any of the slip-ons they tested.
+1

Buy a slip-on for sound, price, quality and durability. Is one a "magic bullet"? Not likely ....

P.S. I run full Acra ... for the sound, power and, well, because the previous owner blew the coin to install them :D I do like the weight reduction, though.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Full Circle

wingnutt said:
God,do not let me post my silly little chart again,what the hell is the best;the best is (in my limited and not so humble opinion)

When a epa pos powerband can be made DRAMATICALLY smoother and more rideable through the use of aftermarket parts and as Robert pointed out someones drive to optimise the parts and tuning parameters available.

What my point is [without opening the engine] this make and model changes for the better more drastically than the rest. ESPECIALLY when F.I.
allows for the use of quick and "free" maps that some hard working person developed V.S. a list of needles / jets / shims that are always on back order/ porting /polishing / blueprinting / balancing / trail and error / ASS DYNO / mebbie good tuning can get you !

Show me a deviation in HP or torque from any properly tuned rc [good cans proven map] that is beyond 2% and I'll let you ride mine

Except you CHRIS :woot: go get a map

WHIW I'm only reffering to stock bikes :twocents
I like my sato cans:clapper

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
fuk*n' punk pay attn:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

06rc said:
Just wait, I am getting my mids on friday and can't wait to see the dyno results before and after. I will have to post some pics of this one-off. :cool:
IT'S ABUOT TIME CUB :p Speak to Thomas Tan @ YOSH call me if you cannot hook-up :notworthy
Bring it elsewhere and whatever :wtf

361 - 375 of 375 Posts