Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, I used the search button first!
My right can is leaking so bad through the center of the rivets it sounds like a jiggling spring. After reading up on previous posts, it sounds like it will be no problem contacting the place I bought them from(DK -- glad I did some digging here before buying the RC and the cans/PCIII) to get the problem taken care of.

My question is about the left side. It's leaking too, but very little through the center of the rivets. Is a small amount of leakage there considered normal for Satos, or is any exhaust coming out of there a tip off to future problems?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i had a little rattle to mine my right can one one of the rivets(no leak) the inner part appered to be a little loose, so I put a same dab of silver rvt silicone in there and there is no rattle and you can't even tell at all. And I am picky about my stuff, I just did't want to drill out the rivet for that little noise.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Sato rivet leakage (BeerNinja)

Dan told me to put silicone in the center of the rivits. I doubt you will be getting new cans from Dan.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Sato rivet leakage (ARRC51)

you should for that kind of dough

mine mufflers are fine no rivet problems here

send them back, simple, Dan will make em good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't expect new cans. I figured the fix would be new rivets and some sort of sealant/gasket inside the endcap. I think silicone will work great for the left side. I'll have to inspect the right a lot closer though, as I'm concerned about the rivets being loose around the outer diameter. Vibration would cause me some problems later on in that case.

Thanks for the replies, it sounds like this isn't an extremely rare issue(the search brought back about 5-6 relevant hits).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the same problem with my low/Banzai setup, I sent the cans to DK and he replaced some of the aluminum rivets with the new SS ones, no charge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts