Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a set of them . They are very solid even more than Gillies. One question I have for those of you that have them , does the color fade a little. I got them in gold but they look more orange than gold just hoping they fade some.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I just got a set of them . They are very solid even more than Gillies. One question I have for those of you that have them , does the color fade a little. I got them in gold but they look more orange than gold just hoping they fade some.
All anodized parts fade to some degree over the years due to oxidation.
In fact andozing is a type of oxidation in itself.
However fading means oxidation and the luster be fade as well to some degree.

BTW, there are some types of Alluminium which don't take the anodizing process well due to their extream stiffness.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i have sato's on my rc51, gilles on my 10r and i think sato on my 6r. other than wear/rubbing i'd have to compare a new set to see a difference but nothing that makes me see it went from black to silver in the non wear areas.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
As pole position said, they will fade over time.

If you are comparing them to shots of other sets you've seen, they might look darker because it looks to me like sato changed the color of their gold anodizing at some time. The newer gold stuff looks a lot darker, to me anyways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts