Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered Low carbon Satos - it mentions discoloration on the Sato site. Anyone have any input on this??? Should I be looking to get the Titanium instead??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Sato carbon discoloration (ccaddy)

I'm getting titanium lows for my '01....When I talked to Alex at DK, he said that the CF cans discolor pretty easily...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I've got 3k miles on low mount carbons and no discoloration at all. I live in Houston, TX and it gets pretty warm in the summer. I don't think you'll have any problems. I actually had a different response from Kyles shop than opined in the previous post...they said the disclaimer was for the attorneys and I shouldn't have any issues...so far they were correct. Ti's or carbon's are personal preference...Good luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Sato carbon discoloration (TexasRC)

Thanks for the insight Tex - I'm from H- town (born and bread) now I live in LA. Right on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Sato carbon discoloration (TexasRC)

Ka-rist...for $1200+ they better not phuckin discolor!!!
Eric
01RC51

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Sato carbon discoloration (emakadoshus)

I'm sure you can get them resleeved pretty cheap if they do happen to discolor down the road. Yes they are expensive but they get hot and you can't expect them to look pristine forever. I have 6K on my Banzais without a hint of discoloration.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ccaddy »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have ordered Low carbon Satos - it mentions discoloration on the Sato site. Anyone have any input on this??? Should I be looking to get the Titanium instead??</TD></TR></TABLE>

The only thing that will discolor when you get the carbon fiber satos, is your MONEY!!!

Get the TI if you want to, but take it from me(an old fart), you will be sorry!!!

The carbon fiber gives up the goods, along with a ton of BLING!! heh, heh..

I haven't stop smiling in over a year behind my cf satos...

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(64 & fast)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Sato carbon discoloration (rc51999)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rc51999 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Titanium is the ultimate bling.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

true dat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Sato carbon discoloration (throttlehead)

Coleman , I guess the CF hard-on we have comes with age...
These yung'uns got some time before they realize it...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Sato carbon discoloration (old timer)

Ummm.. you get CF hard ons when you hit a certain age?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't CF pretty to look at
but brittle and prone to cracking and discoloration?

I'll stay young and keep my titanium hard on thanks...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Sato carbon discoloration (old timer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by old timer »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Coleman , I guess the CF hard-on we have comes with age...
These yung'uns got some time before they realize it...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

hey now....i'm 35 on the 21st........i must qualify as coming of age...i have C/F bodywork

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I concur with my esteemed colleages.
The titainium is admirable but the carbon fiber is the SCHIZNIT dawg!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Aluminum replaced steel, Titanium replaced aluminum and now carbon will replace Titanium........ Just the way it is....... same in the bicyle industry too.......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (YarightsRC51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YarightsRC51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Aluminum replaced steel, Titanium replaced aluminum and now carbon will replace Titanium........ Just the way it is....... same in the bicyle industry too.......</TD></TR></TABLE>

Still hard to beat a Hand brazed triple butted steel bike for pure sweetness.

Ti and carbon can only be repaired by very expensive methods.

Aluminum and steel. Hell I weld that stuff so how difficult could that be?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (sp2pilot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sp2pilot »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Still hard to beat a Hand brazed triple butted steel bike for pure sweetness.

Ti and carbon can only be repaired by very expensive methods.

Aluminum and steel. Hell I weld that stuff so how difficult could that be?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Steel - If you ride anything bigger than a 56 I'd argue with you on the ride....

Titanium - Except for the material itself Ti isn't any harder to repair than steel ??
Aluminum is only hard if you don't have access to heat treating ( so yes... it's hard for most people )

Carbon is still sweet ( If done right )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (YarightsRC51)

I ride an Aluminum Mountain bike as I am too cheap to step up to a carbon bike.

My wife rides the latest OCLV Carbon trek full dura ace and weighs nada

Her Mountain bike is also aluminum.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (sp2pilot)

First of all, Robert riding a wheelie - priceless!!! And secondly, I am jealous of your wife's ride!! 2 year old Cannondale pro replica for my bicycle. But I am getting older so I gotta get my new carbon goodies, and a new frame.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts