Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently have the sato banzai cans, but have debated on replacing them for ladybird gp cans. how do the cans compare in weight and sound? i like the sato cans but the carbon is starting to dull out and kinda thinking i want the titanium look instead.

·
Registered
381 Posts
ya know i had a set of titanium sato's on my bike and i found a set of carbon so i swapped them out and im thinking of going back to the titanium ....

the carbon is cool, but it doesnt match any of the other carbon on the bike and i think the titanium looked better too !

not that it answers your question.... but your not the only one of thinking about going to titanium over carbon....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Didn't Simon say he's not currently making or receiving any more ladybird GP cans?

I think he said he has one full set w/ mids left for sale?

The GP cans are louder. Personally, I don't think the Satos Banzais are loud at all when I'm sitting on the bike riding. I had an M4 high mount on a CBR 600F4i before and it seemed loud compared to the beefier sound of the RC and the Satos.

There's a youtube video of a guy with Ladybird GP cans and even though cameras have crappy mic's it sounds amazing to me. (don't have the link here at work)

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm tempted to pickup what he's offering for sale right now with the Akra mid's + pipes. After a bit of searching I found your [b.miller] YouTube vids after you put them on your bike. Some of the larger can vids of other mfr's I look at seem to have smaller outlet sizes and they don't sound as 'boomy' as my Jardine CF's do, but simon's sounded pretty close.

Personally, I'd rather have Ti over carbon now that I've had the CF set for a while.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what is the inlet size on a sp2 set of banzai cans?

·
Registered
125 Posts
ladybirds...

I got the ladybirds and I love them, sound is unreal and the finish and fit is awesome, Simons stuff is top notch quality...yes they are louder than the sato's but sound really nice...They look good too, cause the sato's are kinda fat and stick out a bit but the ladybirds are tucked inside real nice and look clean and make the bike look not as over weight as it really is lol!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
will the gp cans fit on sato banzai mids without spacers?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no short gp cans?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
my short gp cans came in yesterday.... holy hell this thing is loud! the cans are about half the diameter of my satos. The finish and fit is amazing, the adapters fit nice and tight too. I have noticed that my back pressure is a little low now and have lost some bottom end due to it. Nothing a tune cannot fix! The sheer noise and vibration actually knocks my camera phone over! Have to excuse my dirty ass shop, im in the middle of rearranging it

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im very happy with the canisters, now im just bummed i have to go out of town tonight! When i rode home from the shop last night my girlfriend was at the door and said she had heard the bike for a solid 45 seconds before she saw it. These things are easily 2 times as loud as my banzai cans!

·
Registered
250 Posts
im very happy with the canisters, now im just bummed i have to go out of town tonight! When i rode home from the shop last night my girlfriend was at the door and said she had heard the bike for a solid 45 seconds before she saw it. These things are easily 2 times as loud as my banzai cans!
Well, call it the safety feature of the cans....

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm SOLD!!!

I've been on the fence about these since they came out but i think i am ready for a set if i can find some for my SP1? I guess i will have to sell or do some trading of my SATO low-mount Ti canisters for some of these? I did read that simon doesnt have any slip-ons left so,my question is what IS left that will work for my bike?I want the smaller of the round canisters in ti? but gotta keep my sato mids.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my gp canisters are ti. pm simon about he makes adapters to fit your mids. the cans will fit sp1 or 2

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
question is what IS left that will work for my bike?I want the smaller of the round canisters in ti? but gotta keep my sato mids.

i can also help you out with a few options of cans and they are all custom for length, diameter, and shape

i also stock 5 sizes of adapaters that are made in the USA out of 6061 and will do custom also for less then most, if not all of the other companies FWIW

http://www.blackdragonexhaust.net/id19.html

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
I did read that simon doesnt have any slip-ons left so,my question is what IS left that will work for my bike?I want the smaller of the round canisters in ti? but gotta keep my sato mids.
Don't believe everything you read. Get on the phone/PM with Simon and talk to him personally. Simon can get the best so don't get fooled by subpar parts others sell.;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts