Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'll be moving to downtown San Diego at the end of August. Anyone here care to show me some good riding locations? I'll also be needing some drinking buddies on the weekends.

I checked out GP Cycles earlier this week, any other Duc shops around of are they it?

Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: San Diego Bound!!! (CPalacay)

i moved to socal from nyc and wow is it a bikers paradise. the canyons are all great to ride and being able to get on your bike year round is crazy. i dont know much about san diego but i think that place Palomor is near there. If you make it near Malibu or LA let me know! Congrats.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Check out pashnit.com for great info on roads all over California. I'm not sure about other dealers in San Diego, but there are three in Orange County, and two clubs that I know of: Orange County Ducati Club, and Southern California Ducati DRC.

http://www.pashnit.com/motoroads.htm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: San Diego Bound!!! (Wolfhound)

Thanks guys, I'll definitely be riding up to L.A. sometime.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Contact Chris k. at California Cycleworks. Maybe he'll show you some roads.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lee's Cycle Service, home of current AMA Superbike Rider Jeremy Toye.

Excellent work done on all roadracing bikes.

Welcome to SD.

·
Registered
209 Posts
All the old posts seem to be showing up as Guest. the topic and posts probably had screen names originally

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm Here!!!

Man, after a rough 2 weeks of living out of a moving box, I'm finally settled in. Now too bad nobody's name shows up on the posts. :( Okay, now who want to go for a ride sometime?

·
The bling king!!!
91 Posts
Guest said:
i moved to socal from nyc and wow is it a bikers paradise. the canyons are all great to ride and being able to get on your bike year round is crazy. i dont know much about san diego but i think that place Palomor is near there. If you make it near Malibu or LA let me know! Congrats.
I'm in L.A...look me up.

I'm a member of the DRC...great group of guys and girls.

·
'51 Freak
164 Posts
Take the 805 south to Telegraph Canyon Rd., head east...turns into the 94 through Dulzura...lots of good Back Country riding. If you study a map, you can get all the way to Palomar from this road...its a full day of riding!

Have fun!

·
Registered
8 Posts
The guys at Oceanside Aprilia and Ducati took great care of me. Plus they have video games in their shop so you can pass the time while you wait. Great cafe across the street to eat some food too.

As for the rides yes you are in paradise. I just relocated to Vegas or I would be all over showing you around. Check out Palomar mountain, HWY 74 to Idylwild, and Ramona in your area. For short trips head up to Big Bear, Forest Falls, Joshua Tree National Park is an unbelievable winter ride as well. Hit Key's View if you make it to the park, its worth the trip.

·
Registered
8 Posts
CPalacay said:
Man, after a rough 2 weeks of living out of a moving box, I'm finally settled in. Now too bad nobody's name shows up on the posts. :( Okay, now who want to go for a ride sometime?
count me in, just p.m. me

·
Registered
8 Posts
moomba said:
Good seeing you here, Jason. When're you moving to Santa Clarita? Did you go to the Long Bch. IMS?
im moving on thursday, im stopping by the shop and dropping off the rc to get fixed. no i didnt go... i was up in tahoe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts