Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site, and looking for a bit of advice....
Did a search but didnt come up with exactly what i was looking for. I do a lot of city riding, and my SP1 has never really gone about 106c. but on my way home the other day i noticed my temp up @ 118c
luckily i was on my street by that time... so i hit the kill switch and rolled into the driveway, but couldent hear the fans running.
i'm wondering if anyone has come accross fan relay problems, or if i should start digging through the wiring in hopes to find a loose connection.

thanks in advance guys.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Running hot (Tigg)

First check the fan fuse on the left side fairings and then double check the wire loom that run near the fan to see if it's stopping the fan from turning therefor blowing up the fuse. A small rock stuck between the rad and fan can do it also..basically make sure both fans on the sp2 spin freely

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (FryDaddy)

I know i said i was new.... i guess i should have clarified.
i hit the kill switch to turn the bike off then flicked it back on, thinking the fans would cool it down faster. but they never came on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it just me, or when you kill switch it with the fans on and then flick it back on do the fans then stay off (as though the bike has 're-set' the fans for more starting power in case you were to re-start the bike... I don't know if I'm being clear here....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts