Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
This space for rent
1,478 Posts
But yamaha are supposed to be the bad guy in all of this, the leghumpers said so.

He gives them the "its him or me" ultimatum because he has a faster team mate, crashes himself out of the championship and didn't want to eat crow and accept yamahas offer so he takes the same offer from ducati.

Still I think there are people who blame yamaha for all of this, but I think they did the best they could in this situation.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Yeah:wacky

·
Registered
409 Posts
Rossi can't complain about the bike. He knows the Desmo is FAST! Look at how Stoner smokes the competition is royal dominance like he did in 2007. And Hayden was on his ass the whole race.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Well, good on Yamaha... nice PR touch... its no secret that they came back to prominence thanks to Rossi, and "gifting" him the test with Ducati, is a nice PR move... after all, it IS a business.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Everybody wins in this scenario. Yamaha looks gracious and professional. Ducati will get Rossi's feedback. Rossi will hopefully have a productive session on the bike before surgery. Assuming Brugess and crew go too, they also see the same benefits.

Now all he has to do is not waste time getting the controls, seat height, etc set up for him so every minute of test time is productive. Maybe a clandestine meeting with Ducati engineers to set these things with just Valentino, a bike, and a couple of trusted Ducati personnel. Somewhere remote far away from the prying eyes of the media. I could suggest a garage in a small town in Missouri, but they probably know somewhere closer. ;)

·
This space for rent
1,478 Posts
Rossi can't complain about the bike. He knows the Desmo is FAST! Look at how Stoner smokes the competition is royal dominance like he did in 2007. And Hayden was on his ass the whole race.
Haydens Ducati wasn't fast enough to draft past Rossi on the straight. Stoner has dominated at this track since he moved into the Moto GP class, just like Qatar it's a track you can expect him to be at the front no matter what he's riding.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Ducati will offer Rossi his pick between the Big Bang or the Screamer V4...
which one do you think he will settle on???

Quote David Emmett on difference between Big Bangers and Screamer V4s

"The names are descriptive. The canonical "big bang" engine would fire each
of its two cylinders as a pair, making for two big bangs instead of four
smaller ones. In practice, big bang engines just fire cylinders
much more closely, rather than actually simultaneously, in part because of
the huge loads having two cylinders firing at the same time would place on
the crankshaft and gears.A "screamer" fires its cylinders at equally
spaced intervals, in the case of a four cylinder, at 180 degree intervals.
Because it fires more frequently at the same revs, it makes a much higher-
pitched howl, which gives it its name: Screamer."

If you listen to Honda's RC30 RC45 NR750 or any Ducati V2 those are
examples of Big Bangers... if you listen to Honda's 800 VFR or Ducati's
Desmosedici those are examples of Screamers V4s...

·
Once bitten twice shy...
1,980 Posts
But yamaha are supposed to be the bad guy in all of this, the leghumpers said so.

He gives them the "its him or me" ultimatum because he has a faster team mate, crashes himself out of the championship and didn't want to eat crow and accept yamahas offer so he takes the same offer from ducati.

Still I think there are people who blame yamaha for all of this, but I think they did the best they could in this situation.
What would you do?
Considering they hadn't won premiere class championship is 20 plus years until he arrived, how do you suppose he should act?
Some loyalty on their part would be the proper response, but how quickly we forget where "WE" were and "WE" are now (Yamaha). They think that they'll run at the front with or without Rossi. So signing him wasn't a big deal, and they didn't to choose just in case they had the faster guy in the pits (Lorenzo). Trouble is Lorenzo wouldn't have won on any other bike, and they'll have to live with the choice they didn't make. They got one year to work it out, cause when they go back to 990cc its a wrap for the competition.
Rossi has a past history of making bikes and bike companies winners, the same can't be said for Yamaha. He bucked Honda, he's on the road away from Yamaha, to settle at Ducati and Make them winners.
Interesting people to watch next year:
Spies
Lorenzo
Stoner
Rossi is a given.
And Elias if he gets a ride in the premiere class.
If I was Rossi I'd bail also, to once again show the masses who the man really is... at 30 none the less.

·
This space for rent
1,478 Posts
What would you do?
Considering they hadn't won premiere class championship is 20 plus years until he arrived, how do you suppose he should act?
Some loyalty on their part would be the proper response, but how quickly we forget where "WE" were and "WE" are now (Yamaha). They think that they'll run at the front with or without Rossi. So signing him wasn't a big deal, and they didn't to choose just in case they had the faster guy in the pits (Lorenzo). Trouble is Lorenzo wouldn't have won on any other bike, and they'll have to live with the choice they didn't make. They got one year to work it out, cause when they go back to 990cc its a wrap for the competition.
Rossi has a past history of making bikes and bike companies winners, the same can't be said for Yamaha. He bucked Honda, he's on the road away from Yamaha, to settle at Ducati and Make them winners.
Interesting people to watch next year:
Spies
Lorenzo
Stoner
Rossi is a given.
And Elias if he gets a ride in the premiere class.
If I was Rossi I'd bail also, to once again show the masses who the man really is... at 30 none the less.

Go back and check the record books, 20 years before Rossi arrived? Yamaha was winning a lot from King Kennys arrival up until Rainey was paralyzed in 1993.

I'd be more impressed if Rossi could switch teams and have a new crew chief the way that Eddie Lawson did it in back to back years when he went from Yamaha to Honda.

I doubt Rossi will ever win a title on a Ducati, the competition is too strong now. Lorenzo, Stoner and Pedrosa are gaining consistency all the time and will be harder than ever to beat. Plus the Ducati is a fickle beast, one that everybody has had their share of front end related woes this year and last year. I think he will win some races but he will never dominate the current class of riders.

How do you know Lorenzo wouldn't win on any other bike? Have actually attended a GP and watched the guy ride? He is the smoothest rider on the track.

Rossi made the choice to leave after he gave Yamaha the ultimatum of "It's him or me!" Right after giving them the ultimatum he crashed and took himself out of the championship. Rossi is getting the same pay from Ducati that Yamaha offered him. He knows now that Lorenzo is faster than he is week in and week out and by going to Ducati he maybe hopes they can find an advantage over Yamaha to try and beat Lorenzo. He found out this year that he's not going to beat him over the course of a season on equal equipment.

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
but how quickly we forget where "WE" were and "WE" are now (Yamaha).
How quickly WE forget that they did him a FAVOR. Where else could he have gone? Kawasaki would soon leave GPs altogether and Suzuki could NEVER afford him and stood zero chance. So in his quest to "show big, bad Honda who is boss", he was left with Ducati or Yamaha. I'm not sure what Ducati's financial situation was, but it was questionable whether they could've stepped up with that amount of money. Finally, 7 years later they came up with it by scrapping their WSBK effort. So Yamaha was the one doing HIM a favor by giving him a place to go and still get big money. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
I doubt Rossi will ever win a title on a Ducati, the competition is too strong now. Lorenzo, Stoner and Pedrosa are gaining consistency all the time and will be harder than ever to beat. Plus the Ducati is a fickle beast, one that everybody has had their share of front end related woes this year and last year. I think he will win some races but he will never dominate the current class of riders.
you do realize rossi left the best bike for the biggest crap bike and won on it? you do realize he has, and can still beat anybody and will be more then capable of making the changes to the duke to get it up front?

yamaha has forgotten what he has done and now has placed their future on George:clapper Hope all goes well when the switch comes as goerge is riding rossi's work and when that is gone we will see what goerge is really capapble of doing for yamaha

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
The Yamaha will be for shit next season, the boys at Ferrari are working overtime to squeeze everything possible from the Duc motor, and Honda has recalled every engineer they could from their F1 program to try and close the gap. The triple pitch forks are doomed and they will look like amateures next season...

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you do realize rossi left the best bike for the biggest crap bike and won on it? you do realize he has, and can still beat anybody and will be more then capable of making the changes to the duke to get it up front?
I think the Duc is a much better bike than the Yamaha when Rossi arrived there. Stoner put a whippin on everybody Sunday, and Nicky looked strong also. Rossi should be strong right from the start.

2011 should be a great year...I have a feeling Honda will be the team to beat, if they don't beat themselves.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The winner

you know who the biggest winner is in this situation.....we are. Rossi gets a fair shake at the bike (as normally happens when a rider switches brands) at the end of the year, gives his input and can then be ready for winter testing. Next year there can be no whining about Rossi not testing and what the bike "could have been". We get the best of everything! Hopefully, Stoner will come to grips with the Honda (didn't he toss his rc211v quite a bit?) Lorenzo will be fast again and Rossi will get a bike he can ride the wheels off of! Should be a good year!

·
Registered
3,662 Posts

Jami is that you. ;)

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
I think the Duc is a much better bike than the Yamaha when Rossi arrived there. Stoner put a whippin on everybody Sunday, and Nicky looked strong also. Rossi should be strong right from the start.

2011 should be a great year...I have a feeling Honda will be the team to beat, if they don't beat themselves.

this was kind of my point sir:notworthy

the hill he has to climb is alot smaller and it will be a slaughter right off the get go IMO. With george doing the development from now on i think the yammy will stay the same while the duke will move ahead and negate any advantage people think george has over rossi as far as riding skills

we know george is good at riding rossi's bike as well as Ben but what happens when george has to ride georges bike:confused:

congrats to Nicky 2006 and George 2010 but some of that is due to have the GOAT make their bikes from rags to riches for them.

I admire Rossi more then ever and i applaud him for taking chances and not going from a loser bike to winner but by taking a chance and leaving winner bikes for some that need help and making them win, amen:notworthy

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
this was kind of my point sir:notworthy

the hill he has to climb is alot smaller and it will be a slaughter right off the get go IMO. With george doing the development from now on i think the yammy will stay the same while the duke will move ahead and negate any advantage people think george has over rossi as far as riding skills

we know george is good at riding rossi's bike as well as Ben but what happens when george has to ride georges bike:confused:

congrats to Nicky 2006 and George 2010 but some of that is due to have the GOAT make their bikes from rags to riches for them.

I admire Rossi more then ever and i applaud him for taking chances and not going from a loser bike to winner but by taking a chance and leaving winner bikes for some that need help and making them win, amen:notworthy
Very well put...:clapper

I'm not a huge Rossi fan but I do admire him. He has done a lot for this sport. I think next year will be a good one....5-6 riders that can win anyday.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts