Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
would be funny to see them come out with a breakthrough, right after he leaves, and Nicky and the new guy clean house,lol...
It's not completely out of the question now that their bike doesn't lowside all the time. I still think they have some pretty major issues, as Nicky should easily be able to beat a rookie on a satellite Honda (Bradl) at Laguna Seca. He only beat him by 1.5 seconds, and his fastest lap was a little slower than Bradl's.

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
I don't buy it until we hear from Rossi - he hasn't made up his own mind yet.

Frankly, I'll be disappointed if he switches back to Yamaha.
Ducati may as well pack up and go home....but only (more) time will tell. Feel a little sorry for Nicky, if Rossi leaves, because we KNOW they don't listen to him or Casey, and Nicky would be riding for 5th to 7th another year.

·
Registered
839 Posts
The rumored contract length was interesting, same two years they already have Jorge signed for, and then one more year for Rossi in WSBK. So Yamaha will be able to still sign Jorge as their No 1 rider for 2015, no need to worry about re-signing the two of them again.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts

Ducati may as well pack up and go home....but only (more) time will tell. Feel a little sorry for Nicky, if Rossi leaves, because we KNOW they don't listen to him or Casey, and Nicky would be riding for 5th to 7th another year.
Agreed seems a big leap to (1) sign for 2 yrs and (2) sign for 2 yrs with WSC. One Rossi has never indicated clearly that he was going to WSC. Rossi doesn't plan more than a yr or so in advance - now he's signed for 4 yrs. BS.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think its still a wait and see game. I'm not convinced on the contract terms that italian site was saying, and I think Rossi is waiting because he's not sure if the Ducati is going to be good next season or not.
I think Audi has probably told him everything he's been wanting to hear in the past year and if they are being genuine then he would probably like to stay at the Duc stand. Is Audi going to do what they say they will? Will they do it with or without Rossi? Will Ducati listen to their riders now that Audi is in charge? Can Nicky give them the development they want if Rossi goes? Who would replace Rossi? Will Dovi take the seat that Rossi doesn't?
I think the answer to a good lot of these questions is yes. I think we'll figure out which ones can be answered with a yes in about a week.

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
I hope Rossi goes to Yamaha, Audi drops a shitload of money to get Ducati competitive and then all the Rossi fans will whine he didn't have the big budget while he was there.;) Even though they scrapped the WSBK team to give him extra support while he was there.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Nice one from the Kid. :cool:

I believe in one of the MGP interviews he said he would announce at the next event. Seems a long way to go. The Italian press are notorious and mad as the man who once led them and if you are wondering which one I am talking about, take your pick. :cool:

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts

+1 on all points

1 - 20 of 294 Posts