Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
You know that Rossi is helping with development of the new SBK for 2012 right? Next years bike being revealed in November will have an body similar to the D16 and exhaust like the KTM RC8. no more under the seat.

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Perhaps he's just unable to shoulder the burden of making it handle?.

yeah....it looks a lame in print as when I thought of it....

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
I'm trying to imagine such a thing as a ponderous Big Bore V2... an engine with
its crankshaft that has been migrating aft... its power limited by the level of
valve area and the size of 2 very large and heavy pistons... being competitive in
WSBK but there seems to be something wrong with my imagination today...

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
OR [email protected]$#%&g with rivals brains already started!!!
Yeah, the master of mindgames really fukd with everyone last year. Damn genius that he is!:rolleyes: And the master of mindgames really fukd Nicky up in 2006. The days of him being feared are over. Spies isn't afraid of him, The Zo Show surely isn't afraid of him and Casey owes him a few so no one is gonna lay down for him.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Whether he is blowing smoke or not it's not going to matter.

The current crop of riders who can run with and beat rossi aren't susceptible to the mindgames that riders like Giberneau were considered susceptible to. Giberneau was never a season-in season-out rossi competitor compared to the current group of "aliens" who are simply too focused to care about the mindgames.

If the mindgames didn't work when he was in the same camp as Lorenzo and he was the #1 rider, they certainly won't work when he's on another team and Lorenzo is world champ.

So if his shoulder was really screwed for this season be assured the racer in rossi wouldn't let it be known and the money in Ducati would forbid the disclosure.

Either way, imo, he should have called it a season much earlier and let the shoulder properly heal leading into this season, he gained nothing by returning when he did last season and if anything it may have an impact on this season.

This is media relations only, every moment he is seen on a Ducati is money in the bank. Ducati can blow these two seasons with no wins whatsoever in WSC or MGP and still have incredible earnings from this partnership no matter what it cost Ducati to get him on the red menace.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Who knows how many more 1198SP models were sold just from this handful of pictures.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Whether he is blowing smoke or not it's not going to matter.

The current crop of riders who can run with and beat rossi aren't susceptible to the mindgames that riders like Giberneau were considered susceptible to. Giberneau was never a season-in season-out rossi competitor compared to the current group of "aliens" who are simply too focused to care about the mindgames.

If the mindgames didn't work when he was in the same camp as Lorenzo and he was the #1 rider, they certainly won't work when he's on another team and Lorenzo is world champ.

So if his shoulder was really screwed for this season be assured the racer in rossi wouldn't let it be known and the money in Ducati would forbid the disclosure.

Either way, imo, he should have called it a season much earlier and let the shoulder properly heal leading into this season, he gained nothing by returning when he did last season and if anything it may have an impact on this season.

This is media relations only, every moment he is seen on a Ducati is money in the bank. Ducati can blow these two seasons with no wins whatsoever in WSC or MGP and still have incredible earnings from this partnership no matter what it cost Ducati to get him on the red menace.

I have to think that he also honored yamaha and the fans, by racing out the season. Talk shit all you want, that was a classy move, and that's what champions do...

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
I have to think that he also honored yamaha and the fans, by racing out the season. Talk shit all you want, that was a classy move, and that's what champions do...
:cool: Nice.

, I'm not talking shit... nice expression btw. ;) merely expressing an opinion and tbh stating a fact. He "honoured" (geez I gag when I even type that :rolleyes: ) Yamaha and fans long ago with his multiple world titles. If he had taken the surgery when his season was over, instead of coming back to race, he would be well and truly healed for testing by now and in better shape than he is now for another possible title run. So explain to me how that is talking shit sherlock. :cool:

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
Rossi McDonald!

hehe! They ARE hideous ****ing colors, aren't they! That neon yellow is just totally out of place with the red, IMO.

Jeez, here I'm talking about sounds and colors....must be heading towards Harley land soon. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts