Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
And why should they? If I were Yamaha, I'd do everything possible to keep him off a compeditors bike, racing is business and you do what ya gotta do to win........

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
I'll fix it.
2,249 Posts
If I recall, Honda did not let him test the Yamaha until after new years.
sounds like SOP in the paddock.

Something is obviously slowing Rossi down. How much of it is the shoulder and how much of it is yamaha giving him lower spec equip to protect Jorge is highly debatable. And I cant blame Rossi for wanting the surgery now. They know about how long the recovery time should be, but there could be complications that take longer. If he's gonna be sitting on his ass till Jan 1, he might as well be healing too.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
If I recall, Honda did not let him test the Yamaha until after new years.
sounds like SOP in the paddock.
Agree... there's never a favor that doesn't go unpunished in Gp racing...

If I were Honda I would have allow Rossi to test the "no hoper M1 Yamaha" and
if I were Yamaha I would allow Rossi to test the speedy red V4 winner...

·
ole dirt bastard
998 Posts
larry

please remind me,which bike is in the points lead for the 2010 moto gp championship?:wtf

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
larry

please remind me,which bike is in the points lead for the 2010 moto gp championship?:wtf
The bike with the widest engine possible and the one that has to spin its crank
backwards to cancel some of its long and ponderous gyroscopic procession...

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
or absolutely dominated the last 2 years of MGP. Facts tend to be ignored by fanatics.
True the M1 has dominated for 2 years but that doesn't mean its the superior
engine architecture... to establish the facts a checker flag watcher needs to
expand their vision beyond the finish line and into the world of Gp engineering...

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Yet the Ducati has won 1 race this year, while the Yamaha has won 9. yeah, not a chance. :wacky
Just keep your vision narrowly focused on the finish line and you'll have your reply...

·
I'll fix it.
2,249 Posts
Just keep your vision narrowly focused on the finish line and you'll have your reply...
Mercy, Larry...I thought that was the goal of racing, to win.
After all, isnt that what your 'race bred v4' obsession is all about? What's best for racing is best, period, right? So thereby, if the M1 is winning 900% more races, maybe its a better bike, regardless of its cylinder configuration.

Sorry if my sound logic confuses you. We all know your brain isnt wired quite right.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Mercy, Larry...I thought that was the goal of racing, to win. After all, isnt that what your 'race bred v4' obsession is all about? What's best for racing is best, period, right? So thereby, if the M1 is winning 900% more races, maybe its a better bike, regardless of its cylinder configuration.

Sorry if my sound logic confuses you. We all know your brain isnt wired quite right.
My race bred V4 obsession is about the battle of engine architects...
only 1 shall win that race and I predict thats going to be the V4 not
the I4... I'm not after the best bike of the year because best bike is
a year by year observation based on team and rider...

If you just narrowly focus on the finish and do not study Gp
engineering then you can not explain to the casual onlooker how in the
hell a British single cylinder beat the Italians 4 cylinder bikes in
the Gp history... we now know which architecture was superior and
which was the better bike... the Italians had the superior engine
architecture and the British had the best bike... but the British
single is no longer a part of Gp racing replaced by the I4 and I
predict just like the days of 2 stroke Gp racing the V4 will replace
the I4... It's all about understanding the engineering...

·
Registered
1,540 Posts

Pure V4 domination. Holding on tightly to 14th and 15th places in the championship, and not letting go for anyone.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Rossi stopping early is the smartest move for him to prepare for next season. Yamaha "pulling a Honda" and not letting him test in November will only mean a stronger (physically) Valentino for the winter tests early next year.

Burgess is reportedly going to Ducati as well, I wonder if his rider doesn't race, does he get a vacation too?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Ultimately Yamaha want the championship. Lorenzo is leading it. By letting Rossi take an extended period of time to get the surgery and heal up before next season would be immediately beneficial to their 2010 season. You think they have these sorts of backroom meetings?

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
I fail to see how Rossi not racing helps Lorenzo. Rossi could always take points away from Pedrosa which would help Jorge.

·
I'll fix it.
2,249 Posts
My race bred V4 obsession is about the battle of engine architects...
only 1 shall win that race and I predict thats going to be the V4 not
the I4... I'm not after the best bike of the year because best bike is
a year by year observation based on team and rider...

If you just narrowly focus on the finish and do not study Gp
engineering then you can not explain to the casual onlooker how in the
hell a British single cylinder beat the Italians 4 cylinder bikes in
the Gp history... we now know which architecture was superior and
which was the better bike... the Italians had the superior engine
architecture and the British had the best bike... but the British
single is no longer a part of Gp racing replaced by the I4 and I
predict just like the days of 2 stroke Gp racing the V4 will replace
the I4... It's all about understanding the engineering...
Larry, have you ever tried making sense? Ask any member of a GP crew what they are there for, the answer will be "to win." None of them are going to say "we are here to show we have superior engineering, even if our bike cant crack the top 10." I understand the engineering Larry, possibly better than you do (I do work with engines every day, after all). I also understand that what looks perfect on paper (even to an engineer) is often less than so in a real world application.

You realize most of what you just posted supports the idea that engine architecture has little to do with what wins? Yes Brit singles beat the early Italian multis because the British has much better frames and suspension. Another fact that supports the theory that cylinder arrangement has nothing to do with how good/bad, fast/slow, winning/losing a bike is. Its the overall package, not just the engine. And right now the M1 (which just happens to have an I4 engine) is currently beating the pants off the GP10 (which just happens to have a V4 engine) because its a better overall package.

But Im sure youll come up with a few more paragraphs (possibly with charts and diagrams) that makes no real sense and does nothing to invalidate anything Ive pointed out. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts