Speedzilla Forums banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
Honestly now

This incident just goes to show us all, that Yamaha is FAR superior to Honda. A Honda simply can't contain its horsepower within its chassis. This goes to show that, furthermore, Sete - the ultimate Honda rider - is gay.

See you guys later. I'm going to my garage to wipe down my Yamaha. I've bumped the Ducati next to the mailbox, outside.

Discussion starter · #62 ·
Re: Honestly now (996miami)

It was an agressive pass by a very agressive rider who made it work. That is exactly the type of riding that you should expect from the most talented and determined rider out there.

You will see those moves all night long at any dirttrack race. Nobody cries about it. Sete got stuffed.

Discussion starter · #63 ·
Re: Honestly now (996miami)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 996miami »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This incident just goes to show us all, that Yamaha is FAR superior to Honda. A Honda simply can't contain its horsepower within its chassis. This goes to show that, furthermore, Sete - the ultimate Honda rider - is gay.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude!!!! What the HELL are you talking about??? Are you kidding?? In GP there are ALWAYS more Hondas in the Top 5 than Yamahas. 100% of the time..

Discussion starter · #64 ·
Re: (Xfirebladeowner)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Xfirebladeowner »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Some of you guys really need to look at the pics and/or click on the links before opening your mouth about this incident. Ive seen atleast 3 guys talk shit, watch the clips then change their minds.

So lets repeat the facts:
- Rossi DOES, in fact, appear to be the first person approaching the corner.
- Rossi does have some weird habit of taking his foot off the peg in that corner and no he did not drag it, if at all, for long.
- Sete did sweep INTO Rossi, hitting him.
- Sete DID hit Rossi's brake hand causing him to lose his grip momentarily, which happened to be when they BOTH ran wide.
- Like someone else mentioned, there is NO true racing line or better yet a rule that indicates it shall be followed at all times. Otherwise this sport would be as pathetic as Nascrap is.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

The clip of the incident in question featured in this thread is in slow motion. It implies that the slower rider (Sete) got in the way. Which is false. Bare in mind Rossi had been running wide, as a matter of fact he looked absolutely desperate and was all over the track previously. If Sete had not been there I'm certain Rossi would have run terribly, unrecoverably wide. Especially on tires with 27 hot laps on them. The only mistake Sete made was not letting him run wide.
Rossi is the best in the biz but not infallible. (hell Rossi wrecked earlier that day)Which lends me to believe in the heat of the moment it was a calculated moved on Rossi's part.
Had they gotten tangled both of them would have not finished. I'm sure Sete being Rossi's only competion would have suited him fine.
That makes for good racing, sure. What would make for great racing if someone with the balls and talent would step to the plate.
If I was Sete I would have stiff armed him like I was posing for the Heisman, and if that didn't work I would have beat him like a thief back in the pits.
Sete got punked because he's a bitch with skill. Period.
Where are the heroes? I guess Rossi would have to shatter his leg like Doohan to make it really interesting.

Discussion starter · #65 ·
Re: (RC51inJapan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC51inJapan »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The clip of the incident in question featured in this thread is in slow motion. It implies that the slower rider (Sete) got in the way. Which is false. Bare in mind Rossi had been running wide, as a matter of fact he looked absolutely desperate and was all over the track previously. If Sete had not been there I'm certain Rossi would have run terribly, unrecoverably wide. Especially on tires with 27 hot laps on them. The only mistake Sete made was not letting him run wide. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Dude how do you figure that. Rossi pull the same move on Sete at the end of lap 3, and took the lead. Rossi didn't run wide then. I still feel Rossi ran wide because Sete ran into him. Sete's shoulder opened Rossi brake lever which was visibly pulled back for braking. Sete stood his bike up the first time he lost the lead in that same spot. Why didn't he do it again? Because he was scared he wouldn't make to the line first. Just like in lap 3 into 2. Maybe you should look at the clip again.

Discussion starter · #66 ·
Re: (SP8)

I want to add, if you look through the corner like your supposed to. There is no way Sete didn't see Rossi. Plus that dumb ass experienced that same move from Rossi at the end of lap 3.

Discussion starter · #67 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SP8 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Dude how do you figure that. Rossi pull the same move on Sete at the end of lap 3, and took the lead. Rossi didn't run wide then. I still feel Rossi ran wide because Sete ran into him. Sete's shoulder opened Rossi brake lever which was visibly pulled back for braking. Sete stood his bike up the first time he lost the lead in that same spot. Why didn't he do it again? Because he was scared he wouldn't make to the line first. Just like in lap 3 into 2. Maybe you should look at the clip again.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Rossi was all over the place in the last laps.
Oh so Sete is the bad guy? Whatever? Even Jeremy Burgess said he was in the wrong. Even the commentators said that was wrong, and when I watched it I thought it was out of character for Rossi. He doesn’t need to resort to PS2 tactics to win the championship.
Your absolutely right about Sete worrying about making it through first. He was first in. On top of that he had settled in and was rolling on the gas about to make his exit when Rossi braked so deep in the corner that he was still on the brakes when he got in front of Sete.
The first time Sete lost the lead is irrelevant, he had time to take it back. Why you may ask? Aside from Rossi running wide, the scenario in question happened on the last corner of the race.
No offence intended but, maybe you got the Rossi blinders on and he can do no wrong in your eyes.
I know one thing Kevin Schwantz or Wayne Rainey wouldn’t have stood for that crap.
I'm still a Rossi fan in the end. I just feel he needs a worthy nemesis. He needs adversity. IMO, Sete has been clean so far, maybe he'll join Rossi in the mud.

Discussion starter · #68 ·
Re: Rossi is a punk b*tch (JamesP)

Diving inside is nothing new. Hayden got a surprise pass the same way and you could see him have to stand it up instead of bump "Hello, where'd you come from?"

Discussion starter · #69 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC51inJapan »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Rossi was all over the place in the last laps.
Oh so Sete is the bad guy? Whatever? Even Jeremy Burgess said he was in the wrong. Even the commentators said that was wrong, and when I watched it I thought it was out of character for Rossi. He doesn’t need to resort to PS2 tactics to win the championship.
Your absolutely right about Sete worrying about making it through first. He was first in. On top of that he had settled in and was rolling on the gas about to make his exit when Rossi braked so deep in the corner that he was still on the brakes when he got in front of Sete.
The first time Sete lost the lead is irrelevant, he had time to take it back. Why you may ask? Aside from Rossi running wide, the scenario in question happened on the last corner of the race.
No offence intended but, maybe you got the Rossi blinders on and he can do no wrong in your eyes.
I know one thing Kevin Schwantz or Wayne Rainey wouldn’t have stood for that crap.
I'm still a Rossi fan in the end. I just feel he needs a worthy nemesis. He needs adversity. IMO, Sete has been clean so far, maybe he'll join Rossi in the mud.</TD></TR></TABLE>

First off, Burgess said he did not see what happend on the last corner. He said he was not watching the monitors. Obviously you weren't either. He said Rossi made a mistake that allowed Sete to retake the lead prior to the last corner accident. That's the only thing he said. He probably was hanging out at the wall with the rest of the pit watching the finish line. Also the commentators pretty much remained neutral of the whole situation.

2. If Sete was there first, why did he run into Rossi. There is no traffic laws in racing. Just because Sete wanted to be were Rossi was doesn't give him the right away.

3. The point of Rossi pulling that move before is relevant. Because Sete did the right thing the first time. Pick the bike up, and realize he sucks on the brakes. Also Rossi was able to hold the inside line that Sete neglected to protect the first time he went in wide, as if this was QP1. Looking at the helicopter shot, I would have to say Rossi would have made the turn the second time. Here have another look.

4. If it was the other way around, I would be saying the same about Rossi.

5. Maybe Sete should man up, and start racing. After all it's not a trackday out there. He's been the first loser the past two years for a reason.

Discussion starter · #70 ·

BTW, I love this. This season looks to be a smoker. I hope all the rest of the season is this hot.

Discussion starter · #71 ·

Even in the .gif in your post Sete is clearly in front up until the moment of contact. (look closer)
Had he not made contact Rossi would have run wide, just like the previous contended laps. As a matter of fact 3 corners previous Rossi ran wide.
Rossi gambled and it paid off. Good for him.
The reason its debatable is because of the fact that it was not a clean pass. Stop trying to down play it SP8, cuz you know better.
IMO what Jeremy said was classic case of "plausable deniability". "No I didn't see it", ya right. But, he knew Rossi was .3 off Sete.
Good racing I'm loving it.

Discussion starter · #72 ·

"when Rossi braked so deep in the corner that he was still on the brakes when he got in front of Sete. "

Hang on, have you raced before at least @ a national level? If you did, you'd know that the riders do brake all the way to the apex, and you have to do it if you want to post good times.

If you watch on board cams, everyone in motogp brakes all the way to the Apex, and the collision took place before Rossi actually reached the apex.

When I did club racing or track days (cars) in my uni days, you would have to get on the inside line and stuff yourself deep in when overtaking to throw the car you're taking off the line, its more effective than trying to go round the outside (Cause I was using a beautifully underpowered '82 mazda 323 against the new twin cams) and its racing.

Discussion starter · #73 ·
If Sete had been a little smarter (and he knew Rossi was there) he would have backed off, and drag race him on the straight. Rossi's line wasn't that great and chances are he would have run wide anyway, Sete could have gone under by the exit and pin it till the finish.

It is obvious that that was a calculated move by Rossi. But you can't blame him for that, it's racing, why would he want to settle for second?

Discussion starter · #74 ·
I was thinking the same as you Manu, You think he would of known rossi wasn't just gonna lay down for him.

Discussion starter · #75 ·
Re: (e240)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by e240 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Hang on, have you raced before at least @ a national level? If you did, you'd know that the riders do brake all the way to the apex, and you have to do it if you want to post good times.

If you watch on board cams, everyone in motogp brakes all the way to the Apex, and the collision took place before Rossi actually reached the apex. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No, I've never raced. Not even at the national level?
So does that mean I'm not entitled to my own opinion? Damn cut me some slack.
Sete is the number 2 guy at the premire level and he didn't think it was cool.

Look again the collision is just past the apex.
Sete left the door open but there was no way Rossi ment to make a clean pass.

Discussion starter · #76 ·

"Damn cut me some slack."

Sorry, didn't mean it to come across like that, just pointing out the realities of racing.

Of course Sete wasn't cool, he got bumped for 1st place... :-D

61 - 76 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.