Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After that race I am done cheering for him. The was BS, he had zero chance to hold his line and that is not part of racing. Then in the interview after, he did not even say sorry, but that is racing. If he would have said sorry I would have alot more respect for him, but instead he sits there with a sh*t eating grin on his face. What an a*s he is!
Just remember Rossi, What comes around goes around, but twice as hard.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Rossi is a punk b*tch (spdrcrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spdrcrx »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">After that race I am done cheering for him. The was BS, he had zero chance to hold his line and that is not part of racing. Then in the interview after, he did not even say sorry, but that is racing. If he would have said sorry I would have alot more respect for him, but instead he sits there with a sh*t eating grin on his face. What an a*s he is!
Just remember Rossi, What comes around goes around, but twice as hard.</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Rossi is a punk b*tch (JamesP)

Seeing the looping video above reconfirms that it was indeed a racing incident. One could even suggest that Sete came in on Rossi when looking at it from this angle.

(*gasp!*)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Rossi is a punk b*tch (Tripod-R)

Yep, I'll agree to that,,,a racing incident, indeed. Rossi IS holding his line, until he got bumped.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sete had the line. Rossi had zero chance of holding that line, because that was not the race line. Yes from that view it may look like Sete hit him, but watch the entire race and you will see that was the line for that corner. Sete is already in a full lean and Rossi is still up and down. I just thought it was crap that he did not even say sorry. He knew he was wrong by the grin on his face after the race.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (spdrcrx)

Did Rossi put both of them in a position to make contact? Yes.

Did Sete come into Rossi because of that? Yes.

Can we go on and on about this. Totally.

Bottomline is that 2005 is gonna be interestiiiiiiiiiiiiing!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spdrcrx »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> He knew he was wrong by the grin on his face after the race.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I saw the same grin, but I saw it as a racer that got the advantage in a tight racing incident and won the race, not a "I got away with it" grin.

Anyway, all this debating only shows it was ....... well ........ debatable. I can't deny that.

You know what they say though ...... when the light turns green, these guys grow horns. The real aggressive guys are going to 1.) win races and 2.) not make many friends.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (Tripod-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tripod-R »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Can we go on and on about this. Totally.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

And I think we should

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sete look like he turns into Rossi, but Rossi took a b line to the turn, he went in with a completely wrong line for that turn. That's why Sete hit him, just like you would hit someone that blows a red light in front of you. Rossi knew that, that's why the foot is out and if we could see his face, his eyes are as big as watermelons by then to.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I do remember seeing Rossi (as well as other riders) talking their foot off the peg while setting up for a corner....moving from the heel to the ball of your foot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Rossi is a punk b*tch (spdrcrx)

Some of you speak as though there are set racing lines through every corner. There are no "correct" racing lines, only ones that allow a rider to get through the corner faster than others. Sete got passed fair and square. Perhaps he will ride more defensively next time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All this talk of a racing line is BS. There is no racing line that any racer has to honor. Rossi was between Sete and the apex before Sete turned in. Rossi put the bike where Sete wanted to be. A totally leagal thing to do. That's what Sete gets for leaving the door open. Sete lost the lead the lap before because of the same line through the corner. He knew it was gonna happen again. Hello this is racing, not a trackday.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

spdrcrx...

Go back and watch the race again. Watch the whole race. Rossi takes his foot off the peg in that corner just about every time he goes through there. It has nothing to do with anything.

As for Rossi being off "the racing line", do you have any idea how racing works? When you make a pass on someone, you almost always have to be off the "racing line". Otherwise, how would you ever make the pass following someone single-file?

While there may be an ideal line to cut a fast lap, it doesn't mean that line is the best way to protect your position. If you leave room, as Sete did, someone will jump on it, and "someone" did just that.

Watch two laps from the end of the race. Rossi pulled the exact same move in the exact same spot, and Sete, knowing Rossi took his line away, wisely checked up and let him by.

But on the last lap, Sete decided to close the door. If you can, watch the last pass in slow motion or freeze-frame. Rossi is clearly side by side with Sete, clearly within his peripheral vision, and Sete continues to lean into him. He had plenty of opportunity to check up, as he did two laps previously, and if Rossi had "zero chance of holding the line" as you contend, then he would have gone wide and Sete would certainly have won the race.

But if you watch the pass from two laps earlier, you know that Rossi in fact knew exactly what he was doing.

Rossi's a punk bitch? Nah. Sete just got himself punked like a bitch.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts