1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Thanks for posting . Silly article . Ducati doesn't have a new sbk to promote ?! The rumours and patents of an all-new ultra-short stroke twin indicate otherwise , and Ducati have always believed that showroom sales are influenced highly by track results .

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
If Rossi does a few wild card rides as is rumored, it can only help the team. I also do not expect Rossi to be a net drain on Ducati. They apparently have new sponsors beating down the door to have their logo on Rossi's bike.

Crutchlow doubled at Silverstone in part because Rossi suggested some changes to the R1 after testing it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The amount of Ducati's and apparel that will sell for the next 2 years, simply because Rossi is riding for Ducati will be insane! That should fund their WSBK efforts fine. The question is who is going to ride for them next year. Haga and Fab are out after this season.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Colin is almost as sure a thing at Ducati next year as Rossi was for the last 2 months.

The Rossi/ Colin relationship and both their Ducati transition is a bit too much of a cuinquidink, but there it is.

as far as the second seat? I bet Checa gets it, but thats purely armchair expertise talking.

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
Checa deserves it! But then again, they may be slower than his customer bike :)

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
They apparently have new sponsors beating down the door to have their logo on Rossi's bike.

Crutchlow doubled at Silverstone in part because Rossi suggested some changes to the R1 after testing it.
Odd, cuz Rossi needed his friendship w/ Fiat to fund the Yamaha team when the dreaded Gauloise tobacco money was pulled. They weren't exactly beating down the door then?:confused:

And the Silverstone podiums were filled w/ Brits cuz it was their home race, more than anything. But we'll let everyone attribute the success to Rossi's miraculous imput.:banghead

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
The pairing of Rossi & Ducati is a special one from a marketing perspective. Sometimes 1 + 1 equals more than 2.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
anyone who thinks Rossi to Ducati isn't a windfall, just aint lookin at it right...

A salesman I know at a Duc dealer in Toronto just told me he's already getting a few (quite squidly) calls for pre-orders on the new "Rossi Championship Edition":wacky.

·
2,737 Posts
I must agree with Dawg and everyone else. The acquisition of Rossi is a pure windfall for Ducati. Sponsorship and residuals alone should more than pay for the GP efforts.

In theory this frees up money for the sbk effort. Regardless of who signs on, I don't see a lot of wins for them. Podiums yes, but the series no, as the other manufacturers have definitely turned up the wick.

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
I must agree with Dawg and everyone else. The acquisition of Rossi is a pure windfall for Ducati. Sponsorship and residuals alone should more than pay for the GP efforts.

In theory this frees up money for the sbk effort. Regardless of who signs on, I don't see a lot of wins for them. Podiums yes, but the series no, as the other manufacturers have definitely turned up the wick.

going to be pretty tough on the twin lump without more CC's regardless of how much money they pay rossi:D

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
I can just see it now... Rossi V4 replicas homologated for WSBK... about time
Ducati make money off of their MotoGp effort... Team Ducati Corse would be
dancing is the pits... Old Baldy would be singing the blues...

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
if they can keep the pistons from exploding from the extra speed of a shorter stroke, they could still cling to life with a twin in WSB...

·
12,576 Posts
if they can keep the pistons from exploding from the extra speed of a shorter stroke, they could still cling to life with a twin in WSB...
And if they don't start winning again, then just start whining again and get more displacement!:rockon

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
If they were smart they would petition for a "cost saving" measure and push to eliminate electronic aids. The twin will have a natural advantage again. Inlines still have difficult power characteristics, it is just now electronic aids for everyone make them more managable and they have more power also.

Not sure if even Ducati has enough clout to do this in WSBK.

·
12,576 Posts
If they were smart they would petition for a "cost saving" measure and push to eliminate electronic aids. The twin will have a natural advantage again
Hasn't Ducati always had the most advanced traction control cuz of their relationship with Magnetti Marelli? Their advance traction control won them Championships cuz no one else had such good stuff in the beginning. But now that everyone has good shit, they should ban it? That would seem to be up Ducati's alley.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts