Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thats embarrassing huh?

"the Italian lapped Brno in a time under the race lap record set by Cal Crutchlow a day previously, on exactly the same bike. Rossi's lap time was 1'59.135, while Crutchlow's race lap record is 1'59.291."

this with just one day there, broken leg, bike he barely knows....blah blah blah

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
tremendous talent mated up to a "short and sassy" and sweet handling I4 package... how can it not go well? ;)

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Roosi smokes blokes!

Wait, these times were posted on Twitter by his team manager? Yeah, like he's going to tell the World that Rossi was 3 secs off the pace? I'm sure he was decently fast but putting up slow laptimes would only feed his competitor's fire right now.

Edit (Quote GPOne):
"It should be added that Valentino's later laps were done with a slightly cooler ambient temperature compared to WSBK race 2."

·
Registered
757 Posts
Not to mention the lack of traffic on track during the test compared to an actual race.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, hes not gonna lie because the amount of people there with their own clocks (the press, fans, track officials, and such) there watching would be the first to chime in to call the bullshit.

and "cooler ambient" or not...he lapped faster than the factory boys, period, on the same bike and tire package they have and Rossi just tried for the first time (bike AND tires) at last test...which was only 25 laps at that....with a broken leg.

give the man a LITTLE credit. even if he had lapped .500 second off them, that alone would be embarrassing to the factory boys with a whole season of testing and almost a whole season racing by now.

You know im no "rossi fan boy", but i give credit where its due..

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Quote GpOne

"Valentino Rossi continues to lap at Brno, and it seems that he is
doing better physically, even compared to Misano a few days ago."

"The Italian has now managed a series of quick laps under the 2.00
barrier, a pace that would have put him amongst the front runners in
yesterday's race. Rossi's fastest lap was a 1.59.7, which is basically
equal to the Max Biaggi's best lap of 1.59.763 in race 2."

"Cal Crutchlow, who had the fastest lap of the race, managed a
1.59.291 on the Yamaha. It should be added that Valentino's later laps
were done with a slightly cooler ambient temperature compared to WSBK
race 2."

Quote Davide Brivio from the pits:
"The shoulder is hurting him less and the leg is less bothersome"

He he he... considering how quick Rossi sorted out Toseland's bike... think
what he can do to Stoner's big bang V4 in a season???

·
12,576 Posts
well, hes not gonna lie because the amount of people there with their own clocks (the press, fans, track officials, and such) there watching would be the first to chime in to call the bullshit.
No press would EVER call Rossi out knowing damn well they'd never get an interview from him again. Lets be honest here!:rolleyes: And the track officials would tell you he had 3 second laps if it got him to come back to the track for another test. We're talking about leghumping fans and people with a vested interest in being in his good graces.

I'm sure he was decently quick but I doubt the bike was "exactly" as they rode in the races and there was no other embellishing going on given the gravity of the event.:rolleyes:

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
I wonder what would happen if Rossi signs with Ducati for 2011, and then asks for a Corse 1198 on dates where MotoGP and WSBK do not clash? Smoking world superbike champ Biaggi a few times might be amusing for VR in 2011.

You know I expected him to be "OK" on the times on the R1 but not faster than both current factory riders (Cal went faster in Superpole). But holy ****, Rossi is such a talent.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No press would EVER call Rossi out knowing damn well they'd never get an interview from him again. Lets be honest here!:rolleyes: And the track officials would tell you he had 3 second laps if it got him to come back to the track for another test. We're talking about leghumping fans and people with a vested interest in being in his good graces.

I'm sure he was decently quick but I doubt the bike was "exactly" as they rode in the races and there was no other embellishing going on given the gravity of the event.:rolleyes:
well.... being that its all you personal opinion about some effort to lie to the public about Rossis lap times, im not gonna really entertain it anymore....being that no one would care if he lapped 10 seconds behind since the man is not even supposed to be on a bike now.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Jamie, your posts are revealing a fanatic level of hate for Rossi. Definetly drops any credence to your posts.

·
12,576 Posts
well.... being that its all you personal opinion about some effort to lie to the public about Rossis lap times, im not gonna really entertain it anymore....being that no one would care if he lapped 10 seconds behind since the man is not even supposed to be on a bike now.
Don't u owe me $100?:confused:

If some muppet with stopwatch was getting 2 secs slower than was written, what would he do? Say nothing, of course! The times were posted via Twitter by none other than his manager. As if they're not trying to get all his competitors worked up that he's back and ready for battle.:rolleyes: And everyone here is oooh'ing and aaah'ing about how dreamy he is. Funny stuff!

Wanna get that $100 u owe me he's not top 3 this weekend?:woot:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't u owe me $100?:confused:

If some muppet with stopwatch was getting 2 secs slower than was written, what would he do? Say nothing, of course! The times were posted via Twitter by none other than his manager. As if they're not trying to get all his competitors worked up that he's back and ready for battle.:rolleyes: And everyone here is oooh'ing and aaah'ing about how dreamy he is. Funny stuff!

Wanna get that $100 u owe me he's not top 3 this weekend?:woot:
well, sure, but hes not racing this weekend apparently, talks of laguna at best now.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
46 Laps... perfect!!!

Vale finished a good testing in Brno with SBK. 46 laps/best lap time in
1.59.135. Feels tired at the end but shoulder and leg coming better less
than a minute ago <http://twitter.com/Davide_Brivio/status/18369550505> via UberTwitter <http://ubertwitter.com/>

·
Registered
309 Posts
thats embarrassing huh?

"the Italian lapped Brno in a time under the race lap record set by Cal Crutchlow a day previously, on exactly the same bike. Rossi's lap time was 1'59.135, while Crutchlow's race lap record is 1'59.291."

this with just one day there, broken leg, bike he barely knows....blah blah blah

...and this surprises you guys... why?

He's coming off an M1 to an R1 and just happens to be the best rider the planet has ever seen. Broken leg or not, I would have been surprised if he wasn't on the pace. The guy is in a completely different league to Crutchlow...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts