Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Boy Rookie is at VIR this weekend racing his 51. He had a track day today to get some good pratice in. He lowered his lap times by 2 seconds to a 1.39. He did crash in T1 but he is is ok. The bike if also fine. He bent a rear set, broke a frame slider and ripped a raidiator hose. All fixed and he was back on track!More to come tomorrow!

Racing the GTU tomorrow!:rockon :clapper

·
Old,Dirty,Racer
1,191 Posts
superbike2001 said:
Our Boy Rookie is at VIR this weekend racing his 51. He had a track day today to get some good pratice in. He lowered his lap times by 2 seconds to a 1.39. He did crash in T1 but he is is ok. The bike if also fine. He bent a rear set, broke a frame slider and ripped a raidiator hose. All fixed and he was back on track!More to come tomorrow!

Racing the GTU tomorrow!:rockon :clapper
Rookie in open class or Vtwins??

Anyway, Rookie will make people take notice of the RC51 as real force on the racetrack.:notworthy

BTW, what happened on T1?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hoovenater said:
I have been wondering if he did start racing this year, and I was curious how he has been doing.
I hope it went well Rookie, I want to read a race report. :rockon
He won the first race he entered! He's quick for an OLD Jarhead! I would love to see him on a GSXR750 or a 6r Kawi! Next year I belive he plans on a full Mid Atlantic CCS seasion

And we will get a full report.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cehowardrc51 said:
Rookie in open class or Vtwins??

Anyway, Rookie will make people take notice of the RC51 as real force on the racetrack.:notworthy

BTW, what happened on T1?
GTU Tomorrow.
Heavy weight twins Sunday and Heavy weight Superbike, Maybe one more but I forget.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Yea, good luck Rookie. Make them respect the RC51.:rockon

·
Tough Crowd Racing #162
1,775 Posts
:rockon :rockon I tryed calling him but no answer. I'll have to call Yo's phone tomorrow.

·
Old,Dirty,Racer
1,191 Posts
eppy01f4i said:
:rockon :rockon I tryed calling him but no answer. I'll have to call Yo's phone tomorrow.
Hey big guy, you get my message? I am nursing a busted knee. Got to get it back together by Monday..Doing Summit Main on the 26th. I busted the knee running up 6 flights of stair with my 12 speed bicycle on my shoulder. :mad:

If rookie didn't crash, he either won or in the top 3... :) Just a prediction.

·
Tough Crowd Racing #162
1,775 Posts
Yeah Coleman got it tonight! I was asleep ALL day fighting food poisoning, I'll give you a call tomorrow.

How bad is that knee?? Just stay off it as much as possible so yo can hit the track on the 26th. :rockon

I'm sure D's tearing it up out there!!:cool:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also tried to call him last night. No answer. I dont have Yo's #. He did say he would call me last night and never did. That's not like him. Mark, If you have Yo's # call her. She will call you back. Call me and let me know whay you find out.

·
Tough Crowd Racing #162
1,775 Posts
Todd,

I'll give her a call in the next hour.

I PMed you her number.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
eppy01f4i said:
Todd,

I'll give her a call in the next hour.

I PMed you her number.
Yea I spoke to Darin (Rookie).

He's doing really well. No more off track excursions !

Yeterday he places 12th in the GTU Out of about 30-40 riders.

So far today he placed 3rd in the Twins race!!!! From the second wave!!! :clapper First place was running 1.38 second lap times and Darins in the low 1.39.s
Evebn after the crash Friday!

He has 2 more races today that are full 40 rider grids! :D

·
Old,Dirty,Racer
1,191 Posts
eppy01f4i said:
Yeah Coleman got it tonight! I was asleep ALL day fighting food poisoning, I'll give you a call tomorrow.

How bad is that knee?? Just stay off it as much as possible so yo can hit the track on the 26th.

I'm sure D's tearing it up out there!!
The knee is not as swollen as it was on Thurs & Friday. I went to the gym this morning and stayed in the whirlpool for about an hour. Got a little more movement out of it. I was scrubbing in a new set of Pilot Powers this morning too and was able to take it all the way to the edge on the left, but I have to fight on the right turns. Will keep the heat pad on it all night long. No matter, I WILL be doing the trackday tomorrow even if I just can make left turns only and coast through the right turns...

That food poisoning crap will last a couple days. That's some miserable chit. If I was you, I would take off a couple days until that chit goes away.

Rookie is blasting like h*ll down there too. Sheesh, don't be for my knee, I was going to be practicing some of Rookie's moves tomorrow.
Now, I will have to settle for the old coleman style chit...

Easy now,

·
Registered
47 Posts
Back from VIR. Rookie is probably still on the road but everything went well today. I didn't get a chance to catch him after the race but I was impressed. 7th I think. It was 3 RC's there this weekend. I know rookie and wera31 and the other is a mystery rider that went down.

I'm tired as hell and grinning like hell thanks to WERA31. All in all our 51 riders made me proud and should be arriving home shortly. :rockon :rockon

·
Tough Crowd Racing #167
1,374 Posts
Just got back.

I ended up with a pretty good weekend. Got down to consistant 1:39s.

Finished 12 in GTO
3rd in Supertwins
10 Heavyweight Superbike
7th Unlimited GP ($80.00) won me some more money to offset the bundle I put into it:banghead

There was some fast guys out there this weekend and it was pretty crowded. I'll post up some more tomorrow.

This is T4 first lap of the GTO race

1 - 20 of 27 Posts