Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me & my ZX-10R lost the war against gravity this morning. Anyone ever buy OEM plastics from Ronayers? Any service problems to be aware of? The prices seem good. I was going to get OPP C/F, but my get off this morning got me thinking that may be a waste of money. I'm probably looking a $1,500 in parts, and repair to my tank. People you have heard it before, but I must say wear your gear. My jacket, gloves, and helmet were priceless today. Damn I'm sore...

·
Registered
506 Posts
i haven't done any thing with them .... but i'm glad you are just sore ...
need me to snail mail you a couple of vicodins ???

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've bought all the plastics for the tail of my old CBR900RR. Everything was good. Plastics were protected inside the box and shipping was whatever was stated on their website.

I bought the parts about a year ago. Hope that their service has not changed.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
i always buy parts from Ronayers for my japanese bikes.. it can take 10 days before you get the parts but pretty much have everything!!! even for early bikes!!:clapper

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Baasinator said:
Glad you're OK! :rockon

What happened?
Poor judgement of the road condition. I was on my way to a doctor appointment. Time was a little tight. I rolled out of my garage, and stoped a 1/4 block from home at a light. My tires no way near warm. Plus it was 8:45am, and there was fog earlier. So a little dew was still around. I finally get to turn the corner, and I noticed some fluid residue. Too late...... Cold tires + 433lbs/160rwhp bike + No traction + Trying to make up time= mild highside. I landed on top of the bike as we slid down the street for a while. Eventually the bike spat me off, and was pushing me down the street. If rode with less urgency, the whole episode could have been avoided.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Damn, i kind of know how you feel.

I crashed my 999 leaving the dealer after 6000 mile service. Brand spanking new tires bit me 3 corners away from the dealer.

I was turning left to get on the interstate ramp. Was not leaning hard, or gassing it hard, but brand new tires just let go and i was sliding on the ground. That was the last time i wore jeans on my bike. My jackets, helmet, gloves, boots proected me perfect, but my legs were messed up.

Since then i simply dont go riding unless i fear full leathers, it's just my personal rule, even if it's 90F+ outside.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How is OPP Racing stuff? I was looking at their OEM fiberglass option. Seems like I can get more for my money. Granted they would need to be painted.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Ron Ayers is good! I've ordered everything from them except bodywork and never had a problem. Takes a little longer than normal over the counter places but prices make up the difference. I'm only 2 days shipping time from them so no big deal for me.

Sorry to hear about the slide, always remember it could have been worse. Good gear and wearing it will always land you in good sirits. I am living proof helmets do work!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can't vouch for any type of bodywork from Ron Ayers, but I have bought many other OEM parts from them and had excelletn service and quick shipping with much better prices than I can get locally.

Any and all plastic I have ever purchased was used from E-bay or forums.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts