Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey dudes

i guess it;s that time of year again so will i have to represent l.a. all by myself again, this year i need some road dogs to help rep[resent socal.
the event is really fun, the dinner is really cool also, the drive 468 exact from l.a.
5-6hr roll'n thats all .

so who's in you got til sept to work it out

thunderhill sept 6-7 labor day weekend mon-tues lance keigwen 300+ for two trackdays

drsus are you in?
vtwist-buttonwillow special

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: rogue-labor day 6-7 whose going from so cal and whose going period? (vtwist)

People in So Cal only drag knees on the street

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: rogue-labor day 6-7 whose going from so cal and whose going period? (vtwist)

I'm in. Paid. I'm in Redondo. 02' RC51 w/bling. I am trying to get it all together by the date. I wish I had a better way to transport the bike besides the back of my F150. But, I am wanting to make this date. It's going to be expensive for me. It will be my first track day, which Lance welcomed, but I don't want to lean on any one too much, and I don't want to lean on the low side either!! I'm in though.
I was just reading a post on track tires mounted at the track. Hope I can get good support at the track. Looking forward to it. Gotta start some where why not Thunder Hill.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: rogue-labor day 6-7 whose going from so cal and whose going period? (ccaddy)

CCaddy, 1st timer...Here's a write up to keep your mind set before you get there:

Turn 1 -left hander, Mid track entry, look for a long patch that is lighter than the rest of the track turn in at the end of the patch.

Turn 2 - Mid track entry, long sweeping left hander, great turn to work on body position and looking thru the corner, slight decreasing radius at the end, drive (with throttle) for the #3 brake marker for turn 3 out of this turn.

Turn 3 - off camber, slight downhill blind right hander, almost everyone enters this turn to wide and nothing good will come from it. Enter mid track at most and take a fairly tight line thru.

Turn 4 - left hander, head straight from the end of turn 3 to 4 no need to swing out wide to turn in on 4.

Turn 5 -One of the few turns here that a wider entry is ok, look for two perpendicular white stripes on the right side of the track near the top of the hill, turn in close to the end of the second one, not someplace you want try and make any time, hard left with immediate weight transfer to the right down the hill into 5a.
Turn 5a - right hander at the bottom of the hill, fairly tight line thru this for a mid track entry to 6.

Turn 6 - left hander, mid track entry, accelerate out of this turn and thru 7.

Turn 7 - Is more of a left hand bend than a turn, neutral throttle at least or preferably rolling on thru the turn.

Turn 8 - left hander, is deceptive, mid track entry, this turn can be taken much faster that it appears you can.

Turn 9 - left hander, top of the hill slightly late apex (later turn entry point), look for large silver water tower in the distance to align yourself over the top.

Turn 10 - left hander, mid track entry, another turn that can be taken faster than it would appear.

Turn 11 - left hander, LATE APEX (later turn entry point), wider entry ok here as well, the main reason people tend to run wide here is turning in to soon, patience, again your not going to make much if any time here so just get thru clean.

Turns 12 & 13 - right left chicane, proper line thru 11 will put you mid track for 12, straighten them out and drive down the back straight.

Turn 14 - right hander, Late apex(later turn entry point) right hander, let your throttle take you towards outside of the track for a good drive thru 15.

Turn 15 - right hander, critical to get a good drive for the front straight, especially if your on a low horsepower bike.

A note on lines, speed should be the main factor in determining your line both into and out of a turn, someone running 3 minute laps here should not and certainly does not need to take the same line as someone running 2 minute laps, use only as much track as you actually NEED.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: rogue-labor day 6-7 whose going from so cal and whose going period? (RC5150)

Nice write-up, RC5150. I actually felt myself going around the track again

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: rogue-labor day 6-7 whose going from so cal and whose going period? (RC5150)

Thanks!!! Very cool. I will be learning it - for sure. Right on!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will be there. Greg I was pitted next to you and Tavo last year.I had the yellow RC that had the motor knock after the 3rd session.

CCaddy- it will be fun, I think you are on rogue? Check with Alex (mich rep) I think he will be there with tires. Its a good group of guys and gals out there, everyone will make you feel welcome

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (TECH51)

hey drew

let's keep in touch so we can all roll up together, do you need a slipperclutch for that beef'd motor
drew did the fix it for free or what?, where are you in l.a.? what rads did you get?

greg 2133059550

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tech51- havent installed the motor or rads yet. Just had a trackday at Buttonwillow today, to see if the old motor was going to hold up. 6 sessions and it didnt get any worse, so I will hold off on the motor swap for a while. I will try to put the rad kit in next month, im moving this weekend, so everything is packed and I cant find it. Thanks again for the great deal.

Vtwist- I will be in the South Bay area as of next week. I bought the rad it from tech51, it has your oil cooler and custom radiators.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (drewbush)

drewbush
is that motor still knocking? yyou should change that before something happens at speed

greg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts