Speedzilla Forums banner

201 - 215 of 215 Posts

·
Old,Dirty,Racer
1,191 Posts
glockem45 said:
Now that is a kick ass video. I wonder what organization that was. It seemed the rider was passing everybody all over the track, and the people he was passing were really slow, riding like they were beginners or even riding like Mark does.:D
Bump, bump, and bump!! :D

Okay Glock, we getting real close now, what tires will you be running at Barber?

Troy, what tires are you running too?

To all, since DK will be at Barber, any chance he can get to do my forks while he is there, and I still get to ride???

Enough questions for now..:D

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Coleman. I will be running Pirelli Diablo Corsas, but I might be on my next set of tires by then.

As far as DK is concerned, you need to call way ahead and give him a heads up that you need him to rebuild your forks. But more than likely he will rebuild them Thursday night. I think he is going to be majorly swamped, and really won't be able to help everybody there. Or you can just go ahead and send your forks out to him now if you can.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Coleman:
Check out the sweet tire deal Pete has going on over on Rogue. I've been using the Power Race Med/Soft 120/190 combo and they are big-time confidence-inspiring!!

·
Old,Dirty,Racer
1,191 Posts
glockem45 said:
Coleman. I will be running Pirelli Diablo Corsas, but I might be on my next set of tires by then.

As far as DK is concerned, you need to call way ahead and give him a heads up that you need him to rebuild your forks. But more than likely he will rebuild them Thursday night. I think he is going to be majorly swamped, and really won't be able to help everybody there. Or you can just go ahead and send your forks out to him now if you can.
Okay, right now I am booked for Cornerspeed this comng 26th and 27th. Don't know if I could have my forks back by then. Will take a chance on seeing if he can rebuild them at that track.. Wow!! The Dialblo Corsas, are they on the same level as Pilot Powers street tires, or Pilot Powers Race tires??

·
Old,Dirty,Racer
1,191 Posts
oljackboy said:
Coleman:
Check out the sweet tire deal Pete has going on over on Rogue. I've been using the Power Race Med/Soft 120/190 combo and they are big-time confidence-inspiring!!
I think I am going to need a set of tires before the Rogue trackday. Just trying to figure if I go with the Pilot Power Race or the Pilot Power Street..

Also, what's the story on the 190/55 rear tire? Better on the RC then the 180/55???

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
cehowardrc51 said:
I think I am going to need a set of tires before the Rogue trackday. Just trying to figure if I go with the Pilot Power Race or the Pilot Power Street..

Also, what's the story on the 190/55 rear tire? Better on the RC then the 180/55???
According to Robert Haas (SP2Racer), he told me that the 190 is the best rear tire compared to running a 180 rear.

The Diablo Corsas are a track day tire, where as the Diablo's are the street tire version. Anyway, maybe look into ordering a set of Metzlers through Ron Ayers, and get the front tire for free. I believe they are still offering that deal, and those Metzlers are strictly track day tires on the verge of complete slicks. I got a set during the winter time, and I can't wait to try them, but first I must eat through this new set of PDC's:rockon

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
glockem45 said:
I believe they are still offering that deal, and those Metzlers are strictly track day tires on the verge of complete slicks. I got a set during the winter time, and I can't wait to try them, but first I must eat through this new set of PDC's:rockon
Just checked the other day and i think there were about 200 left...

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
LDH said:
The 190/55 is better than the 180/55 which is better than a 190/50
Oh crap dont tell me that - just picked up a set of 190/50 Diablo Corsas....I had a set of Super Corsas (thanks Rigor) that were 180/55 but was worried they wouldnt make it through this weekend so I switched for the PDC's.

Glock - what do you think of them??

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I don't know about the SC's, but the DC's are confidence inspiring. I couldn't imagine how a real race tire feels like at track temp.

·
Old,Dirty,Racer
1,191 Posts
LDH said:
The 190/55 is better than the 180/55 which is better than a 190/50
So, my 180/55 is better than a 190/50, but my 180/55 is not better that a 190/55.

Got it...:cool:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
glockem45 said:
I don't know about the SC's, but the DC's are confidence inspiring. I couldn't imagine how a real race tire feels like at track temp.
Compared to my Pilot Powers that I was running before....they were great.

At this point I am still a newb and not at the point where I need to run a tire of that caliber.....now if I had the generator and warmers......for a few extra clams then I would run the SC's. ;)

201 - 215 of 215 Posts