Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Modern day 250s have come a loooooooong way! I gotta try that new Honda. :D
Please! I went up and down the road outside the TYGA factory here on theirs, it truly is underwhelming. With fairings off it looks like it has potential for some creative cosmetic mods but at the end of the day it's dull as dirt. Are Honda intending to associate it in the market with the Moto3 class? Pity it looks like a shrunken mutant VFR1200.

·
I'll fix it.
2,249 Posts
I hope nobody is expecting the CBR250 to be quicker than existing 250s, because it isnt.

as to Hyosung, I worked at one of the 1st dealers in the country to carry the marque, and while the designs were solid, the materials were just crap. Especially the rubber, hoses rotted at record pace.

About 3 out of every 10 650s would develop a nasty motor knock, and Hyosung would throw a fresh motor at it. I never had a chance to tear one down and see what was going wrong.

That was 5 years ago, so hopefully their build quality has improved.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
The first Hyosung I actually saw was their clone of the ultra-popular Suzuki SV650. As Dezmo said the thing that got me thinking is quality of the materials they employ. Just like Korean car there's an overall sensation they just use the cheapest materials they can find.
I remember when the first Hyundai and KIA cars arrived here: they were cheap and they carried a five years warranty (now KIA has extended it to seven years). The Hyundai's had lots of gearbox failures. Nobody had an idea of what was the cause because Hyundai simply instructed dealers to remove the whole transmission box and replace it with a new one, no questions asked.

I've often considered getting a 250 (living on top of steep climb a 125 is a no-go) to use around here and the only bike I'd consider is the Yamaha YBR250.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.