Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yikes!!!!!!! Watched the race from Turn 3 so did not see what happened to cause the red flag....just now watched it on SpeedTv....dang, did Heath Small have the tank slapper of all tank slappers? That hurts to just watch it. Ouch! Aaron went down, too, but does not register as I expect him to go down and would be surprised if he didn't.

Here's something totally weird......after the Road Atlanta race, SpeedTV cut to a stock car race at Bristol and showed a guy having a bit of a squirrly incident.....so they said that he had a "tankslapper". But then again, it was a "stock" car race, so who knows? Maybe these "stock" cars have the gas tank between the driver's legs. Lots of things I don't know about "stock" car racing.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Dang was it ever hot out there today.....we were frying.....I took a bunch of folks all the way from our campsite at Turn 5 down to Turn 10A and B (waaay long haul at Road Atlanta).....some girl that was with us couldn't handle the cosmic microwave and begged me to take her back to our tents in 5....handed her the keys and she and some other girl took off.....we watched Aaron make a liar out of me....led the whole race and never backed off. He then took an extra Victory Lap, ala Nicky with his dad, with his chief mechanic. BTW, Nicky was here to watch his bro's...Earl was on the PA babbling about something but you couldn't understand it cuz the PA system is so bad here. After the race, my bud called the girls to come get us....just when everyone was trying to get out....give them credit though...they drove up the wrong side of the road, off the road, whatever to come get our weary butts, especially me in my cast...then we rode back to Turn 5 and hung out with three coolers full of beer until everyone else left. Got totally baked but saw not one but three damned fine races today....last races of the year....nice way for it to end.

Almost forgot..on Friday, I bought a copy of Roadracing World to drool over the pics of the new R6 and was standing there reading the article at a small opening of the fence when I realized that I was stopping someone from coming through on a minibike.....it was Kevin Schwantz.

·
I'll fix it.
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
roadkill said:
...Almost forgot..on Friday, I bought a copy of Roadracing World to drool over the pics of the new R6 and was standing there reading the article at a small opening of the fence when I realized that I was stopping someone from coming through on a minibike.....it was Kevin Schwantz.
Yeah thats what I love about going to the races, you never know who youll just bump into...friday I was working turn 3 and noticed this guy had pulled up to the fence behind me on one of the factory honda pit scooters....looked a little closer and it was Freddy Spencer. Not to great of an announcer IMO, but still deserves much props for his racing accomplishments :notworthy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts