Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Rivet gun (brettmess24)

It looks like it will work. Sears usually has decent tools at reasonable prices. Or go to someplace like ACO hardware and get one for like $5.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Rivet gun (Capt. Home Slice)

any good hardware store should have one ,,, but spend a couple of extra bucks for a decent one that's not made of sheet metal

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Rivet gun (04749s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 04749s »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">any good hardware store should have one ,,, but spend a couple of extra bucks for a decent one that's not made of sheet metal
</TD></TR></TABLE>

like this one?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Rivet gun (brettmess24)

I have one you can borrow.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Rivet gun (trussdude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by brettmess24 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

like this one?
</TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah that's the one ..

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Rivet gun (04749s)

That red one looks like a Marson. First rate gun and it comes with adapters for differing rivet stem diameters umpteen rivets, and a nice case. I'd recommend it. Your grand kids will use it someday. I forget what it cost me. $25?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Rivet gun (Old Fart)

That's the one I've got which is fine. BTW - I repacked my exhaust this winter (I'm guessing based on your Termi comment that you're headed in this direction). Found that aluminum rivets are far easer to work with than SS.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Rivet gun (Old Fart)

Marson works well. Used it to rivet the Termi's. Just make sure you get the "closed-ended" pop rivets so the exhaust gases don't flow out of those rivet holes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts