Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so before they changed the message boards there was a thread with a phone number to contact pestana. I can no longer access this information. Does anyone have his number?

Here is whats going on. I wanted to order an undertail from him, but I was a little worried about him being shady. (several reasons) anyway, I asked on here and got a lot of possitive feed back so I ordered it. They said about two weeks to ship. After about 3 weeks I tried to call, but I only got his voicemail, which can barely be understood. So I e-mailed him. Twice. Then I e-mailed his other address, which he had given me to make a payment through paypal. I never got a response from any of these. So I waited a little longer and decided I had enough. I would just file a claim with paypal, which I did. Those crooked bastards tell me that my claim doesnt fit into their requirements because you have to report claims within 45 days. Well it seems as though my claim was filed on the 47th day. (the tuesday after labor day, so its not like they were working anyway) So thats about the small of it. It has been long enough and I am out over $300 bucks. I know it would cost me more for a lawyer than the 300 bucks so thats out, but I get out to cali every now and then, maybe a good ol fasioned ass whoopin is in order.:mad:

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. BTW, the web site is www.bikepartsforyou.com They have an e-mail address, but no other contact info.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. the email on the site is [email protected] and the one they gave me for paypal is [email protected] (thats not a typo) I called paypal a little while ago because I was just getting pissed thinking about the 2-day diff on getting my money back. The guy tells me that they dont have an address or phone number for the guy and even if they did, they could not give it to me. I told him that when I made the payment, it said he was a verified customer. How in the hell could they not have any contact info, they have mine. Anyway, thanks for the help.
kevin

·
Registered
57 Posts
during these times i like to think that people who are dishonest get theres in the end. i know my philosophy is that if i intentionally fuck someone over then i'll most likely get hit by a bus or something.

then i wonder - perhaps its just the honest people that feel that way and the dishonest ones could give a rats ass. not only that but what if they dont get theres in the end. what if they just go on living their lives, screwing people out of 300 bucks or whatever and never having to

a. get hit by a bus or b. get 'paid' a visit fromt the people the fuck over... :mad:

good luck

ll

·
Registered
150 Posts
if you used your credit card through pay pal file a claim with the credit card company. I use my visa when paying with pay pal just for this reason.

·
Registered
16 Posts
this is from Hyper threads. it refers to Pestana in Florida. good luck.

Marcus257
08-28-2004, 02:41 AM

Originally posted by Jelco
what up marcos? when we were at cadao, i was checking out your tail light- what kind of undertail is that?? im sure you saw, or didnt see mine was going messed up

Its made by this company out of Florida called Pestana Custom Design. Not the greatest customer service and products construction is okay. I had to do many modifications to get it to fit right. Took Forever! :confused: Below is the Ebay link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2487989875&category=35583

My bike is the one pictured in the auction. well atleast in one picture. If you decide to order with these guys, be careful. Took me 2 months to get my tail. Kept saying they had it but was just Bull Shi#. It first came 2 months after i ordered it with spider webbing in the paint. SO i had to send it back. Then it came back a month later with sme paint flaws (stuff stuck in the paint) so i sent it back again! Then finally they got it right, but when i installed the tail, it didn't fit right, so i had to do some shaving.
All in all it was a huge pain in the ass and probably not worth the money, but i think it makes my bike pretty different compared to all the other F4i's out there!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
This is all I could find in my old Yahoo mail...

Pestana Custom Design
2138 West 62 Street
Hialeah, FL 33016

Last time I plugged in "Pestana" into Yahoo yellow pages w/ a zip code of 33016 and it came up w/ their address and phone number. However, it no worky this time....:mad:

Sorry, and good luck...

·
Registered
46 Posts
If it has been under 60 days still and you paid with your debit card, go to your bank and file a Reg E claim. You'll get your money back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hyks works in the banking system and has quite a few friends working in some national institutions. Might want to hit him up on PM.

PS - Thanks for the help with the overdraft fees in college brother.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Guys. The paypal guy told me that I could file a claim with my bank. (i used a funds transfer) I guess thats what I will do. I am planning on going as far as I can with the 'free' route. I wrote another e-mail to them stating that they needed to contact me and that I would be turning this over to the proper authorities. I was thinking about all of this, and would this not fall under a federal fraud case since it went over state lines? My thought is to call the bbb, and the cops (i dont know which ones), and since he is trading under an aol account, I would let them know, same for comcast, and whatever else I can think of. I dont expect to get anything out of this, but hey, if Im getting ass raped, why not give it back.

For some reason I thought they were in cali. When I did talked to him (i think jose) he said something about a race in florida, but I thought they were taking a trip. I guess its my fault for believing that people in general are honest. Oh well.

again, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
837 Posts
same situation here..ordered some parts from someone in this forum and once payment cleared, he just dissapeared. just once he replied my email. its been 5 weeks now and i still didnt received the parts. giving him another week before i posted his name and lodge report to paypal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can always call the local authorities and get in contact with the District Attorney. Each county has a division for small claims and a letter being served to him will get his attention. Or at least get the name and address of the local DA's office and include that in an e-mail so he knows you are not F'ing around.

·
Registered
78 Posts
luckylenny said:
during these times i like to think that people who are dishonest get theres in the end. i know my philosophy is that if i intentionally fuck someone over then i'll most likely get hit by a bus or something.

then i wonder - perhaps its just the honest people that feel that way and the dishonest ones could give a rats ass. not only that but what if they dont get theres in the end. what if they just go on living their lives, screwing people out of 300 bucks or whatever and never having to

a. get hit by a bus or b. get 'paid' a visit fromt the people the fuck over...

good luck

ll
The reason they are dishonest is because they already have been bent over a few times in life without the courtesy of the reach around. As for getting theirs in the end....Honest people will have to spell words like DOG or CAT to get past the pearly gates, while dishonest people will have to spell Albuquerque and solve calculus problems to get past.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just a Little note to those not Familiar with Florida....Dont Ever Buy Anything From Hialeah, Fl. Not Even Drugs!:) Very Getto!

·
Registered
46 Posts
When you go to your bank, depending on who you bank with, they may require you to get a police report. Which in some places can be done over the phone/fax. Once you file that claim with your bank, and they reimburse you, it's pretty much over. The bank takes the loss. It's not worth the bank's time to go after anyone if the loss is under $5,000. Unless it's an employee of course...

Once you file your Regulation E claim, the financial institution has a limited number of days to complete any necessary investigation they do, and get you your money. It's 10 business days from date of claim. But remember, you have to go in within 60 days of the purchase. Good luck!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Rneld said:
Hyks works in the banking system and has quite a few friends working in some national institutions. Might want to hit him up on PM.

PS - Thanks for the help with the overdraft fees in college brother.
You had to pay for that nice bike somehow.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just recieved this email from pestana. I will cross my fingers.

Dear Customer:

First, I wanted to apologize for the length of time that it took us to send out the undertail. Second I wanted to apologize for all the inconveniences we caused you. We are a small custom company but honest. We have never stole anyones money. Your undertail has been done a long time already but the reason that we hadn't sent your undertail is because we had the shop close for while due to family matter. For me family comes first and then work. My dad had recently a kidney transplant and things got sort of complicated. I hope you can really forgive us and understand us. Your undertail has been sent out with USPS and you should received anytime soon. Once again sorry for all the problems we caused you. Thanks for everything.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well that does sound promising. Good luck. Enjoy it when you get it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to hear bout your runaround to this point, but my suggestion is to just get your money back!!! Ive returned my pest-for an undertail TWICE, still the same problem!!! Right half of the brake/running light goes out every now and then??? IMO their customer service SUCKS, if you have a problem later down the line itl'll just bring back the frustration...I've only had mine about a year n a half...soon as that POS goes out, Ill try to score one of SP's custom tails!!!:rockon

1 - 20 of 21 Posts