1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Linky

New Zealand motorcyclist dies in Manx TT road race
Page last updated at 18:46 GMT, Thursday, 10 June 2010 19:46 UK
E-mail this to a friendPrintable version Paul Dobbs leaves a wife and two children
New Zealand motorcycle racer Paul Dobbs has died in a crash during the Isle of Man TT races.

The 39-year-old was involved in an accident on the Ballagarey section of the 38-mile track during a Supersport race.

Dobbs, who had finished 22nd in Monday's first Supersport race, leaves a wife and two children.

He was an experienced TT competitor with a best finish of sixth in the lightweight 400cc TT race in 2000.

Jim Parker, chairman of the Auto Cycle Union, which organised the race, said: "Paul was a really popular rider in the paddock and was a great competitor.

"He was a very talented rider who made many friends in the racing community and he will be sorely missed."

Dobbs, who came from Onewhero, competed in the TT for the first time in 1999.

·
2,737 Posts
Approximately 200 have been killed at the IOM. I'd venture we had better go see this event soon before it gets shut down.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Approximately 200 have been killed at the IOM. I'd venture we had better go see this event soon before it gets shut down.
THAT will never happen, there was some serious talk a few years back when Jeffries died, but the Island says that it's a "national treasure" and brings a TON of cash in every year. Unfortunately, we'll never see anything (legal) like this over here, too many nanny state bitches trying to regulate everyones life. REAL ROADS racing as done in Ireland/Manx/Maccau and now Argentina is the trueist form of our sport. Those guys are fookin' studs!

GO GUY MARTIN! :clapper

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
The TT test strength and nerve like no other race... if the highest aim of a
rider were to preserve life... he would keep his body home sipping tea...

I still want to run Mad Sunday...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts