Speedzilla Forums banner

Riding from the dealer and didn't make it home!

1K views 14 replies 0 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
G
#2 ·
Re: Riding from the dealer and didn't make it home! (dj_wawa)

not sure i buy that story, there is a plate on the bike, if he is from the dealer, wouldn't there be a temp plate on it ?

does look new though.

G
#3 ·
Re: Riding from the dealer and didn't make it home! (RCF4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RCF4 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not sure i buy that story, there is a plate on the bike, if he is from the dealer, wouldn't there be a temp plate on it ?

does look new though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ever heard of a trade-in? Transfer registration?

G
#4 ·

He didn't say that he had just bought the bike. All he said is that he was riding home from the dealer and didn't make it. Although it does seem like he was trying to create the perception of just purchasing the bike.
Either way....DUMB MOVE!

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to own a motorcycle....but we knew that already.

G
#5 ·
Re: Riding from the dealer and didn't make it home! (banda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by banda »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ever heard of a trade-in? Transfer registration?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope

G
#6 ·
Re: Riding from the dealer and didn't make it home! (dj_wawa)

I remember being at a dealer. The mechanic went to test ride the bike he just worked on. He peeled out an proceeded to do a wheelie down the street on a customer's bike. I also think when he came back, he had the popo with him.....

I made sure I didn't have him as my mechanic, EVER. I don't believe his is there anymore.... for other reasons.

G
#7 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RCF4 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not sure i buy that story, there is a plate on the bike, if he is from the dealer, wouldn't there be a temp plate on it ?

does look new though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Depending on state it varies. For example some dealers in WI can issue plates and registration on site. Its more of a car dealer thing yet though. There are a couple bike dealers that have gone through the DMV stuff.

G
#8 ·
Re: Riding from the dealer and didn't make it home! (RP Racing)

How shocking some guy has a pretty new 1000 and loops it.

I think AZ said it somewhere else, but it is soooooo true, a graduated license system would be a welcome thing!

G
#9 ·
Re: Riding from the dealer and didn't make it home! (Southern_Cross)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Southern_Cross »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I think AZ said it somewhere else, but it is soooooo true, a graduated license system would be a welcome thing!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sad thing is this clown has 2 other bikes. A 04 CBR600RR and a 03 GSXR1000 from what I seen of that post there. I think he said something about him starting on a ZX7R.

G
#10 ·
Re: Riding from the dealer and didn't make it home! (RP Racing)

Have you guys read the whole thread? At first I thought, squid, but after reading it I'm more oh well whatever...Jeez some of the people on there going on about squids like him causing higher insurance, he's already stated he's not claiming insurance, how can this accident force insurance up? He admits he f#%ked up, so what? Some guy on there has done over 600 miles and never gone over 7000rpm, well mr 20 mile crasher will probably end up with a stronger motor than that nancy. He states hes into stunting and only ever crashed twice, he's got a pretty good attitude about the whole thing really. Top marks to him I say, and bad luck on the bin, shit happens....

G
#11 ·
Re: Riding from the dealer and didn't make it home! (kiwigav)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kiwigav »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Have you guys read the whole thread? At first I thought, squid, but after reading it I'm more oh well whatever...Jeez some of the people on there going on about squids like him causing higher insurance, he's already stated he's not claiming insurance, how can this accident force insurance up? He admits he f#%ked up, so what? Some guy on there has done over 600 miles and never gone over 7000rpm, well mr 20 mile crasher will probably end up with a stronger motor than that nancy. He states hes into stunting and only ever crashed twice, he's got a pretty good attitude about the whole thing really. Top marks to him I say, and bad luck on the bin, shit happens....</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're right kiwigav. My apologies for judging too quickly I /we shouldn't do that without knowing the whole story. However it's just that you get so used to seeing and hearing about people doing dumb stuff that when something like this happens a lot of the time the assumption is that the person was probably doing something that they had no business doing, someplace they had no business doing it. The majority of the time the assumption is usually the rule rather than the exception.
It's great that he accepts responsibility both moral and financial, but the fact still remains that he was probably still doing something that he had no business doing, someplace he had no business doing it. Probably in traffic and or on surface streets:
"RIDING FROM THE DEALER AND I DIDNT MAKE IT HOME, I JUST KEPT WHEELING AND WHEELING AND I WANTED TO SEE IF IT COULD COME UP IN 3RD WITHOUT CLUTCHING IT"...

Hmmmmmmmm. Sounds like a definite case of "wrong place wrong time to me" along with a little dose of irresponsible thrown in for good measure.

G
#12 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kiwigav »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">he's already stated he's not claiming insurance, how can this accident force insurance up?....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not trying to split hairs with you or anything, but seems to me what people say on a forum, and what they actually end up doing in real life can be two totally different things, especially when it comes to money.
I mean this guy has already shown us that his judgement isn't the greatest in the world. But, I hope he does hold to his statement and dosen't turn it in on his insurance.

G
#13 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kiwigav »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Have you guys read the whole thread? At first I thought, squid, but after reading it I'm more oh well whatever...Jeez some of the people on there going on about squids like him causing higher insurance, he's already stated he's not claiming insurance, how can this accident force insurance up? He admits he f#%ked up, so what? Some guy on there has done over 600 miles and never gone over 7000rpm, well mr 20 mile crasher will probably end up with a stronger motor than that nancy. He states hes into stunting and only ever crashed twice, he's got a pretty good attitude about the whole thing really. Top marks to him I say, and bad luck on the bin, shit happens....</TD></TR></TABLE>

He's still a dumbass. For one, he says the reason he bought the 05

Gsxr was because "Everyone says it's this years bike to have".

Sheep. Rather like rappers, all image no substance. bling f#!$kin bling.

G
#14 ·
Re: Riding from the dealer and didn't make it home! (svmango)

Actually

"I brought the damn thing cuz it was the most anticipated bike to get this year"

dork.

We very much should have tiered lic.

Does no one take care of their stuff anymore.

After 17,000 miles, 5 track days and about oh a thousand wheelies.

G
#15 ·

I read our thread before I clicked onto the gixxer.com link, so I tried to go into it with an open mind and give the guy the benefit of the doubt...

But there's no frikkin' way I can give him any credit. He's an idiot. He's managed to live this long through sheer dumb luck. This was no "mishap".

The guy's got a brand new bike with 20 miles on it, and he's already trying to do 3rd gear wheelies through town with it? Oh, but he took the proper precautions, didn't he? He sandpapered the tires and did a smokey burnout before he left the parking lot!

He should sell what's left of this bike to a racer and get out of the game while he's still walking...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.