Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
1st Annual Memorial Day Ride to the Mile
We are getting a group together to ride from St. Louis to the Springfield Mile on Memorial Day Weekend. It doesn't matter what type of bike you got, if it's semi street legal, then run what you brung. I am still putting together the details and such, but if you interested in attending check out:

http://www.johnny-throttle.com

No Attitudes, just idiots having fun...

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Ride To The Mile (agentwilliams)

Man I've been wanting to do that again. But as usual we have family plans for that weekend.
Have fun!

G

·
Discussion Starter #3

Cool. I'll try to talk my dad into it. He's got a stupid Triumph Bonneville T100. If I can get him to go, I'll tag along on my totally lame SV650.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Ride To The Mile (banda)

Banda, I didn't know you had an SV. I'll be riding the Cafe' RD I'm building in my basement. It'd be nice to have some tards along for the ride.

BTW: If anyone wants a cool project bike, I know of a Ducati 250 scrambler with a pile of cafe' parts in St Louis for $900. It has spark and compression. Contact Mark Andrews at Iron Age Tattoo 314-725-1499.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5

sounds like a fun time...not just droning up 55 are we?
i'll have to check with the boss, but i'd like to be there on my stupid 'tard.
wish i would have the time to complete the xs650 streetracker...but i'd need to start working on it first....

duck sounds cool, but i'm holding out for a cuccillo(sp?)...

G

·
Discussion Starter #6

sounds like fun. just a note, the 28th is Sat. and that is the TT. It's in the afternoon and is on the fairgrounds at the new outdoor arena, great facility.
The mile is on Sunday the 29th with the program / practice starting around 10 am, I think. There is also great camping on the fair grounds, showers etc. located within walking distance to the outdoor arena and about a 1/4 mile from the mile grandstands. If you haven't seen the mile it's one of the coolest things to witness in racing. The TT is also great and could be some good insight to motarders out there.
I just got a newer street ride so I'll probably be at both.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Ride To The Mile (Moto45)

New street ride huh? What you riding now, Tony?

Thought you were gonna get one of them new fangled 4 stroke dirt bikes....

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Ride To The Mile (stlwalnut)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stlwalnut »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">New street ride huh? What you riding now, Tony?

Thought you were gonna get one of them new fangled 4 stroke dirt bikes....</TD></TR></TABLE>
Hey walt, I picked up a 02 bmw r1100S boxer prep. There were a couple of nice days and I freaked out. A deal was offered so I had to jump on it. Let me tell ya it’s a little different than the XS650.

I'm also working on getting a back-up suspension for the suz. 250 so I can ride the woods again and flat track \ smoto as well. Just finished redoing the suspension on the 97 xr100 so that bruise maker should be ready next weekend.

New fangled 4 stroker is next. There’s nothing I’d like more to get back out on the track and swap some paint with ya. Those battles were fun.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Ride To The Mile (Moto45)

who has a plated bike i can rent? i haven't ridden on the street in 7 years. but my license is still good... i can feel the wife kickin' me in the ass already. too bad i sold the rd last year. it was almost finished except for the wiring harness and painted body goods. i installed a 6 piston PM race caliper mated to a fzr 600 rotor, nissin GP master, clip ons, machined by me rearsets, the whole 9. it would have been bad ass.

but enough about me...

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Ride To The Mile (Nick Novice)

It's gonna be a blast, I'm glad you guys are interested,

The route will be posted on http://www.johnny-throttle.com as soon as it's final. We will avoid highway where possible. We are planning on camping at the track (yes, they have showers). We have several chase trucks lined up, so getting your gear there will not be a problem.

NickNovice, I'm building an 75 RD to ride. 32mm flatslides, chambers, rearsets, digital ignition... etc. I'm further from finished than you were, but it WILL be done for the ride.
Get that thing back from whoever you sold it to and finish it - I have a ton of parts if you need them.

Oh yeah, the most stupid bike that makes it the whole way gets a free 12 pack of schlitz.

Kris

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Ride To The Mile (Nick Novice)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nick Novice »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who has a plated bike i can rent? </TD></TR></TABLE>

If my wife hasn't sold her Ducati Monster 620 by then, you're welcome to ride it. This is a pretty good bet, since she hasn't advertised it anywhere.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
banda, that would be deluxe. i take it she already has a new ride. if i had the time i could get my dad's '74 CB125 running and tagged.so i could work towards that(gulp!) 12 pack of schlitz.

G

·
Discussion Starter #15

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by agentwilliams »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The route is going to be changed to include more twisties.
http://www.johnny-throttle.com </TD></TR></TABLE>

So we're not going to Springfield? Dang.

G

·
Discussion Starter #16

REMINDER: the mile is this weekend. Be there or be motarded.
AgentW

G

·
Discussion Starter #17

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by agentwilliams »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">REMINDER: the mile is this weekend. Be there or be motarded.
AgentW</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm going, I'm going.

I'll call you when my dad and I get there.

G

·
Discussion Starter #18

So is the meet up time still 10 am? How about departure time? I'm going to try and hook up for the ride up if I can find the place. I still have to get my wheels back and mount them among other things.

the weather is going to be great it appears.

Here's a preview of the show. Practice starts at 2pm.

http://www.cyclenews.com/ShowS...=7638

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
Re: (Nick Novice)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nick Novice »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">banda,
are you still sitting on that monster?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, sorry, it's gone.

I am down to only one street bike for the first time in years.

My dad and I are riding up on Sunday, not on Saturday with the main Johnny Throttle group.

I'll be in Springfield on Saturday - at the kart track, to clean it up and maybe do a few parade laps.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts