Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 u know the rest. Anyway, the black paint on the swingarm is coming off because i ride so fast and i was wondering if anyone has pressure washed the rest of it off and painted it again or poslished it up like chrome. bought in Aug 04' 2200 miles, now has 12,ooo miles plus a 60 day suspension. I wish they had one with wings!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: ride it till the paint falls off. (swolholio)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by swolholio »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> now has 12,ooo miles plus a 60 day suspension. </TD></TR></TABLE>

soooo......on the 61st day, the shocks and forks disappear?

yes, i've seen them polished. paint stripper and a scotchbrite pad. strip, sand with stripper, sand, polish, and polich for the rest of your, or the bike's life.

i'd sooner have it powdercoated. longer lasting and no polishing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (FryDaddy)

or just use some 100 mph tape as a bandaid and cover up the chipped area that should hold the rest on.

seriously powdercoat, nice finish stronger than paint, less elbow grease to keep clean.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (tacpmeho)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tacpmeho »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> just use some 100 mph tape </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ummmm..that would be duct or is it DUCK
tape for you civilians

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Wild Child)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Wild Child »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we need 205mph tape?
</TD></TR></TABLE>
darn it should have read this at work..would had made my day

1 - 7 of 7 Posts