Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if moving from a 190 Mich Pilot road to a 180/55 Mich pilot power....will that require a significant ride height change or at all if just on the street.....i'm four lines up on forks, can't tell the rest as i'm writing now- but if everything were set correctily would a ride height need changed by making the tire move? primarly twisty street and canyon riding.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: ride height change (throttlehead)

I don't have a measurement for a 190 Michelin, but the 180 Pilot Power is 628mm tall when mounted on a 5.5" rim.

If your 190 was lets say 638mm, you would raise the rear ride height 5mm to make up for the difference.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: ride height change (throttlehead)

For a given model tire, both the 190/50 and the 180/55 tire have the same diameter so no ride height changes are needed when you switch between them.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4MM difference if the tires mesure to their nominal ratings. The 190/50 is 4MM lower than the 180/55.

BUT - tires very seldom actually measure to their nominal ratings, and vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and model to model.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: ride height change (Shazaam!)

diameter...hmmmm.....height....hmmmm

considering the 180/55 actually raised the ride height even on the 6" RC51 stock rear rim, I'm thinking this is still happening on the 998 ?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: rob

NO....i'm just looking at it......it is pretty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts