Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and I ran into some guys at the Firenze airport that work in Bologna...for DUCATI Racing, supporting MotoGP!!!!!! :rockon

They weren't big wigs or anything, but very cool guys (2 engineers, a mechanic (I think) and a guy who does the lab tests of new test parts).

I chatted them up for a few minutes, and here were are highlights.

1. Rossi!!
What did they think... "It is an incredible dream! For all Italians!"... They said the whole factory was buzzing with excitement and they can't wait to work with Rossi... you can tell Rossi is a HERO in Italy, and they nearly worship the guy there. (And after watching local TV, I realize he is everywhere... selling you faster internet connections too!)

2. Stoner
So I obviously pushed back with, what is the big deal? You guys recently won a championship with Stoner didn't ya? Its not like Ducati can't win without Rossi! ;-) Had some interesting responses.... first guy says... "Stoner is very good...but not Rossi. He win championship and make great work for Ducati... but" then he snickers into.... "we also lucky for tyre...Bridgestone was fantastic" the other guy then said made some remark about last year, and Stoner act funny and not have pride for Ducati... but he try a "little" again this year! (Wow!! No love lost there)

3. 2011.
Can they win? "Of course is possible with Rossi... we hope!" But what about Jorge Lorenzo.... and they all make this face like, someone just gave them some really bad news! haha. "Is tough... very tough. He is special rider...like Rossi.... we make bike for Rossi to win... but Jorge is tough".... of course I went on to name off other riders... Perdrosa...Spies...Stoner on Honda.... and they just kinda shrugged their sholders and nodded acknowledging they were good...but seemed like only Jorge earned the concerned look.

Anyway, it was really cool to talk to guys actually connected to racing who didn't hide their feelings about anything and spoke their minds. I am almost a Ducati fan now. :eek:

·
Banned
929 Posts
and I ran into some guys at the Firenze airport that work in Bologna...for DUCATI Racing, supporting MotoGP!!!!!! :rockon

They weren't big wigs or anything, but very cool guys (2 engineers, a mechanic (I think) and a guy who does the lab tests of new test parts).

I chatted them up for a few minutes, and here were are highlights.

1. Rossi!!
What did they think... "It is an incredible dream! For all Italians!"... They said the whole factory was buzzing with excitement and they can't wait to work with Rossi... you can tell Rossi is a HERO in Italy, and they nearly worship the guy there. (And after watching local TV, I realize he is everywhere... selling you faster internet connections too!)

2. Stoner
So I obviously pushed back with, what is the big deal? You guys recently won a championship with Stoner didn't ya? Its not like Ducati can't win without Rossi! ;-) Had some interesting responses.... first guy says... "Stoner is very good...but not Rossi. He win championship and make great work for Ducati... but" then he snickers into.... "we also lucky for tyre...Bridgestone was fantastic" the other guy then said made some remark about last year, and Stoner act funny and not have pride for Ducati... but he try a "little" again this year! (Wow!! No love lost there)

3. 2011.
Can they win? "Of course is possible with Rossi... we hope!" But what about Jorge Lorenzo.... and they all make this face like, someone just gave them some really bad news! haha. "Is tough... very tough. He is special rider...like Rossi.... we make bike for Rossi to win... but Jorge is tough".... of course I went on to name off other riders... Perdrosa...Spies...Stoner on Honda.... and they just kinda shrugged their sholders and nodded acknowledging they were good...but seemed like only Jorge earned the concerned look.

Anyway, it was really cool to talk to guys actually connected to racing who didn't hide their feelings about anything and spoke their minds. I am almost a Ducati fan now. :eek:
All that and no talk of Nicky??? He's consistently top 5 and got a podium last week. Hater !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeah they love Nicky! Works very hard..... as for the Italian women...didn't need to ask them man.... HOT!!!!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Great post and thanks for sharing. My friends are leaving for Italy in a few days and I'm feeling left out. Last time I was there Spies was just starting in World Superbike and I was talking to a local rider about Rossi and he came back with Yes but Ben Spies is coming.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Thanks for sharing,
I look forward to getting back to Italy in Feb...and of course the whole riding a ducati there makes it even sweeter.
Rossi is indeed everywhere (the Golden child) and i seem to find loads of trouble as i am not a Rossi Fan and will cheer on ANYONE who can beat him.
Just not a Fan.

Looking forward to seeing what Stoner does and of course Spies and Lorenzo on the Yamadogs. Hoping Spies or Stoner bring what they are capable of, A CHAMPIONSHIP!

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
If Pedrosa keeps going the way he has been lately, he will be a player in the championship hunt in 2011.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts