Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up an extra seat for my bike so that I can have it reworked. The RC's seat is as bad as they come. Has anyone else ever done anything like this? and do you have pics of how it turned out?

~LoKi~

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
i just bought a Sargeant seat. for what you may pay an upholsterer, you may end up with the same, or close cost.

you can carve the foam yourself and actually wrap it yourself, using a construction stapler and 3m spray adhiesive to mount it. i've done it before. it's not difficult.

use the stock foam and add to it with sculpting foam. you could even cover it with leather if ya wanna get spiffy........ :D

·
Registered
454 Posts
a seat?

i just bought a Corbin, and it is the best....wouldn't ride without it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I go on 500 mile trips on the stock seat with no issues. My old F4i was comfy, too; contradictory to what everyone else said.

Maybe I have a fat ass or something.

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
or something......... :eek:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Rigor said:
i just bought a Sargeant seat. for what you may pay an upholsterer, you may end up with the same, or close cost.

where did you buy it and how much

·
calculating status...
1,668 Posts
I bought my Sargent from my dealer (where else?) for $185. I thought it was crap. Not enough padding in the front of the seat. You could feel the pan. I sold it right away.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yea i had mine done and WOW what a difference I can ride for days now and the lady that did mine kept the stock shape so i can still hang off in the corners.I had the breast implant gel put in mine...click the link then click current photos...:D

http://photos.yahoo.com/zaestation3

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a hard enough time sliding off of the stock seat into a corner as it is without armor alling the seat and the backside of my leathers. The ridge on the aftermarket seats looks to increase this problem. Stay stock, or have it redone. :twocents

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a corbin and love it, so much more comfortable compared to stock, plus you sit a little higher up. My old seat I used to get fatigued within 20-30 miles now i can go the entire tank and feel great.

·
Registered
54 Posts
is 240.00$ a good deal on a corbin seat

·
Registered
361 Posts
Deal with it, it is an uncomfortable bike. You should have bought a sport tourer if you wanted comfort. The more you ride on it the more bearable it gets. I have never had a problem with the seat, I don't sit still in it riding on the highway. Sportbikes are made to ride around curves not cruise the highway.

·
South Texan
638 Posts
i personally like the seat, i can slide around more on it and it doesnt feel uncomfortable for me. before this i had a gixxer and the seat was too soft. i would always slide to the tank and crush my package and it was hard to move around on. and i have a skinny ass, 6'2" and 160 pounds. i say deal with it and spend the money on some frame sliders or something.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i dont rmember saying should i buy a seat for it! im going to purchase a seat for the bike i do all types of riding and it is not all that bad but why the hell would i not go better if it is available i dont know about you but that makes sense to me its acouple hundred bucks i jsut didnt knwo if anybody has seen corbins for cheaper

1 - 15 of 15 Posts