Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing that Melandri is becoming the 1st class MotoGP rider the world, and I thought he would be, I feel Honda is gonna snag him for team Repsol. We all know Sete will not leave the Moviestar sponsor, and it's not like he's in a bad team anyway. If I was head HRC team management, this is what I would do to satisfy Repsol.

Team Repsol:
Max Biaggi #3
Marco Melandri #33

Team Gresini:
Sete Gibernau #15
Nicky Hayden #69

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (cb186)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cb186 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but what about Vermulen? supposedly he will be moving up to GP next year.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Maybe Chris, and Bayliss can switch teams.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (SP8)

Oops I hit the post button too quick........

IMO Honda can't afford to put another rookie on the Repsol team. Chris would be good for Pons Honda. I'm not sure if Gresisni would be willing to gamble on Chris. Chris is good, but MotoGP is another world. So far WSBK boys got nothing on the GP 250 riders. That may be down to the fact MotoGP bikes are designed to immulate some of the characteristic of a 2-stroke. Where else do you see systems to eliminate engine breaking. The 05 MV 1000 is the first production bike to use that tech, and that's derived from MotoGP bikes.

Modified by SP8 at 8:12 PM 6/11/2005

Modified by SP8 at 8:32 PM 6/11/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Repsol Honda.............. (SP8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SP8 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Team Repsol:
Max Biaggi #3
Marco Melandri #33

Team Gresini:
Sete Gibernau #15
Nicky Hayden #69</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hayden on telefonica? are they going to luch telefonica movistar in US? How about Pedrosa / Sete.....???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Repsol Honda.............. (Giannis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Giannis »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hayden on telefonica? are they going to luch telefonica movistar in US? How about Pedrosa / Sete.....???</TD></TR></TABLE>
You are right. I forgot about Dani. HRC has to fix the Repsol Team. Hayden is getting better, but he is no match for Marco. Biaggi seemed to pull his head out of his ass, so I doubt they need to move him. Maybe Hayden to Pons. God knows there is plenty of Camel smokers in the USA.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

maybe Hayden to AMA superstock?
Heck even National Rodeo championship...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Repsol Honda.............. (Giannis)

Repsol rules its faster
Here's mine sinds last wednsday: as soon as i get my slipon; led-intagrated blinker light, red brakelines go on

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Repsol Honda.............. (sp1_driver)

Nice bike. I think the LED blinkers will give you a nice boost in performance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Repsol Honda.............. (999)

I could see sete/biaggi and Melandri/Hayden on the Repsol team.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Repsol Honda.............. (hubert)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hubert »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I could see sete/biaggi and Melandri/Hayden on the Repsol team.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Problem with that is Dani Pedrosa as mentioned before. The kid is well connected with Movistar. So there is no way Biaggi would get that ride over him. Also Biaggi gets better results then Hayden, so Repsol will not get rid of him. Melandri is producing the goods as expected. Hayden has been on the top RC211V longer, and can't touch Melandri on a 2nd tier machine. If anyone is to get the boot it should be Hayden.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (mrgrn)

Shake up time.

Mladin to GP, as Sete's partner, Nicky to AMA, on the Suzuki.

Wait a second, gotta get my asbesto's gear on.......ok, hit it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I believe Hayden signed a two years deal to be on the Repsol team. So he'll be there until the motor change in 2007.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts