Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to replace my left side radiator which is not a problem, but I am not sure if when I refill it with coolant if I need to leedtbe air out or just run it? Is there bleed screw or just less out from rad. Cap?

·
Registered
269 Posts
When you have completed to task, and the radiator, hoses, clamps are back in place.. Fill the coolant system.. Then with radiator cap off.. squeeze all the coolant hoses, look for bubbles..
Usually if you fill the system slowly, and with the help of anther person. Rock the bike back and forth.. while still filling the coolant system slowly.. Most all the air will work it's way to the filler inlet..

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that is what I figured but I wasn't sure if the RC might have a little "trick" to it to make it easier.
On a second thought, I am tacking it to her first track day(not mine) and was wondering what people run as far as coolant/water wetter? I have always used water wetter in my previous bikes, '00 SV built engine, and '03ZX6RR both raced AFM and never had any cooling issues but I know the RC runs warm.
Any thoughts, comments, suggestions with stock rads.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.