Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Denmark
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys recommend a good way of removing the black finish from a SP2 swingarm to get the raw/silver color?

·
Denmark
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replace it, as in find a silver swingarm instead of removing the black paint? The other thread havent made me that optismistic I must say.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Trust me I swapped an '04 swinger off "stunners" bike and making the tools took less time and effort than going the "not quite what I wanted" route.

The black knicked-up sp-2 swinger + a hugger sold for the difference:twocents

picks to follow.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
keep in mind that removing the finish from a black swinger will not give you the nice brushed finish of the 04 swinger. you'll end up with raw aluminum and would have to finish and clear the raw finish to obtain the nice look of the 04

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I had done that a few years ago. Stripped the black off, blasted, sanded, and scoth-brite it to my liking and then used automotive trim clear paint on it. You would have to be very detailed oriented to try and match the 04' OEM silver finish.
Worked pretty good but eventually I wanted it to match the frame better.
My :twocents . Maybe finish prep it to a certain degree and find someplace to anodize it clear.

To answer the main question...Plug off or thread in screws to cover all the holes and have it bead blasted.

·
Denmark
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies, think ill pass on the black swinger ive been offered, and start searching for a silver one instead. Sounds like the best solution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts