Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
The front fairing portion looks almost like a clone of the Concours 14....

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
That IS a Connie isn't it , Mik ?! Fvck ! Wonder if they'll release the roadster ; probably not . Suzuki Stratosphere , where are you ?

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I suspect the bike has been "patched up" a bit to make it less conspicuous.
having said that I wouldn't be too surprised if BMW simply copied some features of the Kawasaki since apart from the infamous OE windshield (useless if you are over 5 ft) it's a very well studied bike aerodynamically-wise.
Anyway if Honda doesn't innovate the Goldwing radically (nice bike to ride but really from another era) this bike is going to take away the only market sector they still dominate. ;)

·
Registered
757 Posts
I thought it was pretty well understood that the 6 was going to be a touring platform first :confused: Yeah, the roadster show bike was very cool, but really the motor is going to be good for primarily touring.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
BMW I6... the w i d e s t engine possible for the street...

BMW I4 the widest engine possible for WSBK

the V4 is the wisest engine... narrow as an arrow and light as a feather...

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
better than a 90 degree Little Bang V4? :eek:
I6 (as well as boxer engines and I12s) offer perfect primary and secondary balance, making them smooth as a baby's bottom. Make it a diesel and you literally have the perfect touring motor ever (think big rig engines; made for mileage, efficiency, and torque). Heck BMW already has the technology! Imagine a Busa-buster that uses the engine from their 335d! twin-turbocharged 3.0-litre inline six anyone? :p

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts