Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some info on ebay last yr with intentions of trying it.
I blow $10 each day on random garbage so figured was worth the gamble plus I didn't want others to pay and figured this was best way to blow the sellers cover.Just tried to upload and file size is too big. So let me know if you wanna try the rerouting. All I ask for is that you would like to try it and I would like feedback on outcome and engine temp before and after etc. Also if you are running anything other than a stock setup for cooling please post details. Also I could really use some advice on spal fans if you have some concrete info as well. Sorry I had to write a book. Thanks guys

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its about 10 pages of info and pictures on re routing cooling lines to run radiators in parallel instead of what's stock. Its not my info Yo! so don't roll eyes at me! Just releasing this d bags info he charges for is all. Just trying to save people from paying for it. Sorry I am trying to share info I paid for sorry it offended you.:notworthy blahahaha

After 10 years of existence, there is now some magical RC info that has never before been discovered or disseminated to the public.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope file size can be altered so can post for everyone!

I sent file to bmiller so hope he can alter file size and post for ya all.

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
if I were you don't give up on it, it's a pretty easy fix to get the fan switch situation working, just make it manual

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Better said. I was trying to say that earlier but wasn't as straight forward. Hey Brett what are your thoughts now that you have read it? Beneficial or not??? Thanks

I'll post it up in just a bit, it ls just putting the radiators in series instead of parallel.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
All right lets get started. What I did was modify the way the cooling system
works. As you can see in figure 1, the water is pumped to both radiators
using a Y connector. The water is split between both the left radiator and
right radiator, hence the water only goes through one radiator then back to
the engine. The radiators are in parallel from the factory. What I did was
make the radiators work in series. The water is pump through the left
radiator then through the right radiator, then into the engine. This allows the

water to be cooled by both radiators instead just one. See fig 2.

Fig. 1 (original factory setup)

Fig. 2 (modified setup)

The materials you will need are listed below, fig 3
1 ½ feet of ¾” radiator hose (3 feet if you don want to cut your pipe that was
removed, read before you decide)
2 ¾” caps
2 hose clamps

1 spring former (keeps the hose from crimping, cutting off water flow)

Fig. 3
Here’s what you do. Remove both side fairings, and drain the radiators.
Next, remove both radiators. Remove the crossover pipe that connects to the
back of both radiators. At the top of the left radiator you will see a Y
connector that splits the coolant to both radiators. Remove it, and cap off the
connection that goes to the right radiator with a ¾” cap and a hose clamp,
and reinstall it as it was before.
Next install the 1 ½ feet of ¾ “ on the top front of the right radiator. Cap off

the connector on the back of the right radiator as shown in fig 4.

Fig. 4
Install the right radiator as shown in fig 4, run the hose across the top of the
front of the engine. Install the ¾” spring on the hose and slide it the where it
will need to be bent around the left side of the valve cover. Bend it so it
looks like fig. 3, don’t bent it too tight, make a nice gentle bend so it does
not crimp and cut off the flow of coolant.
This where you need to decide whether you want to cut your crossover pipe.
I used my crossover pipe to run down the side of the engine so that I knew it
would not be crushed. I also use the two short hose pieces on the crossover
as well. I cut a 2 ½” off the crossover and joined the two short hoses
together and trimmed them to fit, see fig. 5. Then I cut the rest of the tube to
fit between the hose from the back of the left radiator and the new hose at

the front of the engine.
You can run one long piece of hose instead if you so
choose too. Make sure the hose does not get crushed or your water flow will
be reduced. You will need about 3 feet if you choose to do it this way, use a
second spring bender to hold the shape of the hose into the back of the left
radiator.

Fig. 5
Simply put, you are making it so the coolant enters the front of the left
radiator then out to the right radiator, then into the engine. Look at fig. 1 &
The original factory splits the coolant between the radiators. Half the coolant
runs through the left radiator the other half runs through the right radiator
then is combined back together into the engine. This does not allow the
coolant to be cooled as much as it will with the modification.
This will work on both SP1 and SP2 models. I have a SP1, so all of you that
have SP2’s try it with both fans on, let me know how well it works for you. I
only have one fan, am debating on whether getting two fans. If you have any
questions email me at [email protected]
Leave feedback after you try this for a while. Let me know how this works
for you. Works good for me so far.
Thanks

·
Short Bus Commander
265 Posts
Is there anyway we can get this guy off the internet or to stop selling an idea? Maybe report him to the BBB, IDK. Or to at least sell the supplies needed to do the mod.
I believe that info should be free, if I knew something that would help people out I wouldn't charge for it. Sorry for the rant, its just my:twocents .

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Is there anyway we can get this guy off the internet or to stop selling an idea? Maybe report him to the BBB, IDK. Or to at least sell the supplies needed to do the mod.
I believe that info should be free, if I knew something that would help people out I wouldn't charge for it. Sorry for the rant, its just my:twocents .
Welcome to capitalist America. Find a way to make money off your fellow citizens while doing as little work as possible. At least it isn't written in Chinese.

If it bothers you, just create another auction with all the information in the auction for free.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
I just wanted to offer up a "Thank You!" to both of you here: Tim, B.Miller!:clapper

Hey b.miller,.. could you post up "fig.5"?

IMHO... I think this looks pretty interesting... Anyone else think so as well OR is this a bunch of CRAP! Is there anyone here Who has Already done this mod.??
I'm also Wondering, Who is seeing this for the first time like me, as in seeing this idea for the first time,.. maybe one of You is thinking about giving it a shot?

Hey James_03_RC, I'm really :confused: at your comments about said e-bayer:confused:

People TRY to think of Ideas ALL the time, for the sole purpose of making MONEY, IMHO there is Nothing wrong with it either, doesn't matter if you're in Germany, Japan, Sweden, or even in "capitalist America" :rolleyes: Come on guys, is thinking about making money a bad idea? After all, People SELL "their ideas" all the time!

Try and think about it like this,... I know YOU all hear about how People BITCH about:banghead the CRAP on TV and or the radio... Sheesess... Guess what, IF You don't like it, Shut the CRAP Off or change the channel and Move on.;)

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am not sure what to think of idea and wanted to get opinions for trying it and also I wanted to post it for free. I think I only paid $10 so not a big deal but still I would share for free to fellow Rc owners due to the passion. Outside of that i's a business thing and can understand it. I don't think seller ever gave heat specs before and after etc. I suppose I could look him up again and ask more questions before doing it if need be? Thanks fellas

·
:rolleyes
305 Posts

Hope and Change too?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts