Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: "recreation' of NFL player's crash... (Red)

Since when has a katana 600/750 been considered as "nearly the same bike and tires as Winslow's[GSXR 750]" Maybe the same tires I guess. And did the cop say the front tyre pressure was 18psi?
That guy needs to practice panic stops a lot more than he has.
did he do yam on the front brake? Earlier in the video why was he riding around the lot with his foot off of the pegs, pretty much dragging them on the ground. What a moron.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: "recreation' of NFL player's crash... (Red)

I like this excerpt

"According to Westlake police, Winslow's estimated speed at the time of the crash was 35 mph. He was thrown over the motorcycle's handlebars. He was reportedly wearing a helmet, but it became dislodged during the crash."

Yeah, that happens all the time, helmets becoming dislodged
give me a phuckin break. Maybe someone should have explained to him how D rings work on a helmet.

I'm sure the accident has nothing to do with the fact he has owned it less than 30 days still with a temporary tag on the bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: "recreation' of NFL player's crash... (jager)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jager »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Since when has a katana 600/750 been considered as "nearly the same bike and tires as Winslow's[GSXR 750]" Maybe the same tires I guess. And did the cop say the front tyre pressure was 18psi?
That guy needs to practice panic stops a lot more than he has.
did he do yam on the front brake? Earlier in the video why was he riding around the lot with his foot off of the pegs, pretty much dragging them on the ground. What a moron.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So they did a comparo????? By using a heavy and underpowered sport touring bike ridden by a guy who can't even ride in slow motion in a completely safe parking lot.....and with only 18 pounds in the front tire. Great police work. Guess Kellen's attorney must be shaking in his boots............from laughter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: "recreation' of NFL player's crash... (jager)

tuna tuna...

I thought the same thing when he said "18" when measuring the front tire pressure, WTF

I'll bet the player actually locked up the rear brake, not the front.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd bet it happened almost exactly as the reporter did it. The superbike school has a braking rig where you can practice locking up the front end and recover from it, and on lock-up it does exactly what you saw. The surprising thing is that all it takes is a release of the brakes and the bike will recover on its own, but most people never get that far unless they've been trained. I've seen it and done it many, many times on the lock-up trainer.

I think the 30 days of riding was the biggest factor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: "recreation' of NFL player's crash... (Phil 998)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phil 998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like this excerpt

"According to Westlake police, Winslow's estimated speed at the time of the crash was 35 mph. He was thrown over the motorcycle's handlebars. He was reportedly wearing a helmet, but it became dislodged during the crash." </TD></TR></TABLE>

I think someone mentioned in another post that he was reportedly "wearing" the helmet up on top of his head, the way the players often wear them when they're standing around on the sidelines.

If this is true, I don't know if I'd call that "wearing" his helmet. More like "carrying his helmet on his head".

I'll have to go use Jessica's computer to see this video, but from all the stuff I've read, there were enough factors involved here for three accidents...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: "recreation' of NFL player's crash... (AZ Scott)

puf daddy crashed like that a GSXR1100 on his videoclip "ill be missing you" just slamed the damn brakes on a straight line!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: "recreation' of NFL player's crash... (Giannis)

I know television reporters are retarded. Can cops be as retarded as the ones in this video clip appear to be?

well, wait a minute... I may know the answer to that: When we had a rash of break-ins on my block last year, a patrol officer came over to the house (my wife's car was pilfered of change, and the garage door opener was missing). The officer looked in the garage where we had four bikes parked, the Monster 620 closest to him... He looked at it and said "A 'Duncan', huh? I never heard of those motorcycles." Keen powers of observation on that one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: "recreation' of NFL player's crash... (banda)

Man, I used to own a Duncan....with I hadn't sold it....

Maybe he had donuts on the brain...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: "recreation' of NFL player's crash... (banda)

I don't know, I think officer donut eater has convinced me.....don't use the brakes on a motorcycle, makes em' hard to control.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts