Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking for recommended air pressures for street and track.

i did a search and didn't turn up anything.

what has worked for you guys?

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
chiromikey said:
34f/35r for street and track.
while the specific bike will matter to some degree as does the riders pace......but there is a huge amount of threads on tires and pilot powers specifically in the RC51 forums...use the search and read away.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i'm not sure why the search isn't pulling them then.

a simple search for just "pilot" only brings up 18 threads and i only saw one of them with a recommendation: 22psi...

·
Registered
151 Posts
throttlehead said:
while the specific bike will matter to some degree as does the riders pace......
Very true (as well as road conditions). FWIW I use 30F/28R to 30F/30R on the track and use 32F/34R on the street. This is for the Power Street tires. The Power Race is a little different. YMMV

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Mich rep at Seattle Pacf. Int'l Raceway recommend track pressures of 36/35 for Pilot Power. I can't remember his recommended front for Power Race but rear should be 22.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I was told by one of the techs at BCM that Bruce is recomending 32f 34r (street) and 30f 28r (track). His recomendation is good enough for me. They feel great.

·
Registered
203 Posts
if you're referring to the pilot power race tires, they recommend 24R/28F at the track. believe it or not... my buddy had a new set put on and he called the techline just to confirm. just fyi. i was in disbelief but it was true.

maybe different in other states depending on temperature and humidity. so i would consult your local track and tireguy.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I'm curious about something...Am I the only one that thinks he's going crazy because I can't feel a single zippin bit of difference when there's a difference in pressure in my tires?? I've ridden my bike anywhere from 29 to 35 psi in the back and would have been none the wiser if I hadn't seen it on a pressure gauge. I know there's alot more to correct pressure like wear and everything but I just wanted to check and make sure I'm not the only one that can't feel it in the seat of the pants.

·
Registered
203 Posts
galaxy said:
I'm curious about something...Am I the only one that thinks he's going crazy because I can't feel a single zippin bit of difference when there's a difference in pressure in my tires?? I've ridden my bike anywhere from 29 to 35 psi in the back and would have been none the wiser if I hadn't seen it on a pressure gauge. I know there's alot more to correct pressure like wear and everything but I just wanted to check and make sure I'm not the only one that can't feel it in the seat of the pants.
for me, i feel a huge difference especially with the front tire. rear is not as noticeable.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I can't necessarily feel it but I can sure see it! Too little pressure and the tire shreds and balls up big time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts